Windows 10: trying to view 2 documents at the same time

Discus and support trying to view 2 documents at the same time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i want to see 2 documents at the same time in word, i have clicked view side by side...etc etc...the 2 documents are open but they dont use the entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YMPeru, Dec 5, 2020.

1. YMPeru Win User

trying to view 2 documents at the same time

i want to see 2 documents at the same time in word, i have clicked view side by side...etc etc...the 2 documents are open but they dont use the entire screen.

I have turned off the entire snap window functionality since that was supposed to solve the matter it hasnt. HELP

:)

YMPeru, Dec 5, 2020

2. Viewing 2 documents

I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it is on "extend view". I can drag my files from my desktop over to the new monitor but the screen is dark
    and only the files show up. If I set it for duplicate, then I'm looking at the same document but now its on both screens. Please tell me how to pull up 2 different documents, 1 on each screen. Thank you, Richard

RichardLower1, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Ashton W Win User
    Viewing 2 documents

Hi RichardLower1,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

The "Extended" view is the proper view to be on to view two different documents at once.

Open both documents.

Then, you can simply drag the window using the title bar at the top of the window, across to the other monitor.

Another way to do this is to hold down the Windows key, and press the left or right arrow key, which will move the document window to one half of the screen, and you can keep pressing the arrow key to reach the other monitor, and then maximize the screen.

I hope this has helped you. If this is not what you are looking for, please reply with the program you are using, and we would be happy to look into providing some different suggestions!

Regards,

-Ashton

Ashton W, Dec 5, 2020
  4. trying to view 2 documents at the same time

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

trying to view 2 documents at the same time

1. trying to view 2 documents at the same time - Similar Threads - trying view documents

2. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  3. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  4. 2 games on 2 pcs at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 games on 2 pcs at the same time: I have one Microsoft account, can my son play Minecrat on pc at the same time my other son plays call of duty on a different pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-games-on-2-pcs-at-the-same-time/d64e1846-ca66-4756-9f55-7eb3e2b4cf1a
  5. Viewing 2 documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing 2 documents: I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it is on "extend view". I can drag my files from my desktop over to the new monitor but the screen is dark and only the files...
  6. Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?: I'm currently using my cellular data hotspot via my phone and a filtered wifi connection that I'm bypassing with a VPN. The only issue, is that using a VPN on an already slow wifi connection, just completely spikes up my ping in the range of the 200s, making simple tasks like...
  7. View document properties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    View document properties: I want to REMOVE the document Type column from the opening window list of items in each folder. How can I change this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-document-properties/ead525c4-7108-4b3b-b5d6-09e52b3191a6
  8. naming document takes 2 tries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    naming document takes 2 tries: Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet . Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little...
  9. naming document takes 2 tries

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    naming document takes 2 tries: Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet . Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little...
  10. Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?: Hello again, guys. I'm wondering if running 2 VPN apps at the same time is acceptable or beneficial. I'm using the Opera browser, which has its own built-in VPN, plus I also have Tunnel Bear VPN installed, but not running at same time with Opera. I reserve Tunnel Bear for...