Windows 10: Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10, and since I have my PC has continuously crashed while playing the most simplest games. I kept my old files from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyGoodwin2, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10

I recently upgraded to windows 10, and since I have my PC has continuously crashed while playing the most simplest games. I kept my old files from my previous setup and want to try wiping everything and start fresh. But when I try it says, Could Not Find Recovery Environment. I've looked up ways on how to get my PC to stop crashing and nothing has worked. This is my last ditch effort. All I want to do is just wipe my computer and start fresh, please help.

:)

AshleyGoodwin2, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 9, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10

1. Trying to wipe PC and reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying wipe reinstall

2. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  3. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?: I'm looking to wipe/ refresh my PC - been experiencing BSOD and some performance issues. I will not be swapping any hardware, just refreshing, but am curious if Windows will reinstall. I checked Settings > Updates & Security, and do see it digitally linked to my account. Can...
  4. Will Windows reinstall after a PC-wipe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wiping hard drive and reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wiping hard drive and reinstalling windows: I am currently dealing with a black screen due to and update failure, nothing can fix it tired everything, next step is wipping the hard drive and reinstalling windows using another pc, is there a way I can save my activation on my windows and add it back to the hard drive...
  6. Stuck on keyboard layout when trying to wipe Windows 10 PC

Stuck on keyboard layout when trying to wipe Windows 10 PC: I am stuck on a screen that requests that I choose my keyboard layout while trying to wipe my Windows 10 PC for recycling. I am unable to select a keyboard layout on this screen. I am assuming because on drivers are loaded. I need to get this wiped so that I can safely...
  7. reinstall windows without wiping data

reinstall windows without wiping data: I'll start off with saying I'm an idiot for not backing up my files before my pc crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my files on my hard drive? Can I use the installation media from a usb without wiping my computer?...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean

Reinstalling Windows 10 after wiping pc clean: I have a custom built gaming PC and my issue is that the games i am playing keep crashing. Everything is up to date. i went through every drive and updated them. i am thinking of resetting the pc and wiping everything off and starting fresh to clear out what i might have...
  9. Tried to wipe my pc, pc turned off during reinstall

Tried to wipe my pc, pc turned off during reinstall: tried to wipe my pc. It went dead in the middle of reinstalling windows. Now it freezes while trying to reinstall windows, have tried so many times...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD

Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD: I recently added an SSD to my PC which already had a 2 TB HDD. Everything works perfectly fine, but I want to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto my SSD and use that as my boot drive and wipe all the current data from my HDD. I don't want to do data migration. How would I...