Windows 10: Trying tob upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Trying tob upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 to Windows 10 using the media creation via usb. Running setup kept getting stuck trying to search for updates. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keefydude, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Keefydude Win User

Trying tob upgrade to windows 10

I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 to Windows 10 using the media creation via usb. Running setup kept getting stuck trying to search for updates. I finally just updated everything myself, ran the setup from usb again and it said my computer was ready, then when it came to asking what to keep, it glitches out and restarts the "searching for updates", stops, then tells me it cannot figure out if my computer is ready. So trying again, I opt to skip the look for updates, then it glitches from "seeing what to keep" to "searching for updates". I've tried every other thing I coild find, including uninstalling anti virus stuff I had. My windoes is completely up to date as well. It just will not stop tryong to search for updates so I can continue the upgrade

:)

Keefydude, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying tob upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying tob upgrade

2. I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/f9a919dd-0f0f-48d8-b07c-1b8ce1930077
  3. I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/f9a919dd-0f0f-48d8-b07c-1b8ce1930077
  4. Trying to upgrade window7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade window7 to windows 10: Gateway FX4710 Trying to upgrade to windows 10 and it keeps failing with the same error. After running setupdiag this is the output from the results log. I can't find a driver called nt which is shown in the log. Thanks in advance. Matching Profile found:...
  5. Trying to upgrade Windows 10

Trying to upgrade Windows 10: Hello I have bought a 256GB HP laptop and I am receiving messages that I need to update Windows 10 as the version I am running will no longer be supported. When I try and run the update it tells me that I need more storage and I cannot clear the space as I have 230GB...
  6. Trying to upgrade Windows 10

Trying to upgrade Windows 10: I've been trying to use the Windows Upgrade in Windows 10, but each time I try it it goes through much of the motions for hours, and after several restarts and a screen that shows 50% - I then get a screen that shows a problem with the download/install - but it does not state...
  7. Trying to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to upgrade to windows 10: I started the update which had been downloaded from my reserve copy via Windows. After about 15 minutes, I came back into the room and the computer was off... I tried to restart...the light came on, but the screen remained black. I have let it sit for over 20 min. now, and...
  8. Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi I attempted to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night and when I got up this morning my laptop is stuck on a DOS window with a message that the operating system cannot be found. *Sad Any advice? [img] 56987
  9. Trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to Windows 10

Trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi- I have been trying unsuccessfully to upgrade my Win 8.1 desktop to Win 10 despite all the help on your excellent tutorials. The PC was originally Win 8 and has SSD for drive C: When I originally set it up I moved the user folders to HDD Drive I: using the Sysprep as...
  10. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Ok needing some help here's whats going on. I have a windows 8.1 bing laptop I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 for free which I can still do windows support said its still possible since my windows 8.1 bing was already active. So here's the problem. My laptop is a hp stream...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tob 10 best anti virus 2016