Windows 10: TSA plans to complete upgrade to Windows 10 this year

Discus and support TSA plans to complete upgrade to Windows 10 this year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The US Government is slowly upgrading their systems to Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system. It appears that Windows 10 is the most prefered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 7, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

TSA plans to complete upgrade to Windows 10 this year

The US Government is slowly upgrading their systems to Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system. It appears that Windows 10 is the most prefered operating system for the United States government, and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be pushing Windows 10 upgrade across their network, including TSA.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), plans to complete the upgrade by the end of the year. It appears that the department is upgrading to Windows 10 because of its security. The department believes Windows 10 would help the agency work more efficiently and securely.

TSA CIO Russell Roberts in a statement praised the Windows 10 operating system for its security and reliability.

“From a security perspective it gives us a lot of the opportunities to give us some of the hunt tools that we need to have out there for Windows 10. It should be a significant enhancement for the security. We are addressing the multiple tools to detect, monitor and respond and that all ties into Windows 10. That will help us with the new computers and all the end points out there,” TSA CIO Russell Robert said in a statement.

A report from FedTech claims that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) hopes to complete the migration to Windows 10 by December, and it’s on track to finalize the process. It’s likely the upgrade will complete by end of this year.

It’s likely that most of the DHS agencies will also upgrade to Windows 10, and they’re in the process to complete the transition this year. It’s a priority for all the agencies, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Emergency Management Agency.

The post TSA plans to complete upgrade to Windows 10 this year appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2018
  3. FormUser Win User
    Planning to upgrade and rebuild

Thanks for the comments, but the project is much, much broader.

After doing further research, I think the project has to be chopped up into smaller, more manageable steps. Basically, do an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro first, then make sure that the system works as expected, and only then do a clean upgrade to Windows
    10 Pro. The planning steps are (currently) as follows, with open questions identified.

Step 1: Do an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. This will give me the digital entitlement for Windows 10 Pro, even if I subsequently do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Open questions for step 1:

• Do I need to suspend BitLocker on the internal HDD and turn off BitLocker on Storage Spaces/File History prior to the in-place upgrade? Or what BitLocker-related precautions should I take? I like to retain the BitLocker USB key if possible (?)
    • Can I keep the Storage Spaces/File History attached for the in-place upgrade or do I need to detach the Storage Spaces/File History for the in-place upgrade?
    • As a refresher, for Storage Spaces, I use 2 identical external USB HDDs in a mirror configuration, which is used for File History. I call this Storage Spaces/File History

Step 2: Live with the in-place upgrade for at least a week or two, to make sure that the entire Windows 10 Pro system works as expected, including:

• internal HDD with BitLocker drive encryption enabled
    • Storage Spaces/File History with BitLocker drive encryption and auto-unlock enabled
    • System boots with the same (if possible?) BitLocker USB key

Step 3: Turn off BitLocker system-wide (on the internal HDD and on Storage Spaces/File History) prior to the clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Turning off BitLocker system-wide seems to be the least troublesome option in preparation for the clean install
    of Windows Pro, although this may (?) require a new key in the BitLocker USB key after the clean install of Windows 10 Pro.

Step 4: Do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, no product key should be required as the digital entitlement has been secured in step 1. Open questions for step 4:

• Do a full reformat (not just a quick reformat) of the internal HDD first, as I do not want to rely merely on deleting partitions during the re-install procedure (Do I need a third party app to do a full reformat or will a native Windows utility do
      the job?)
    • Create the ISO file and do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I believe I need to detach Storage Spaces/File History during the clean install of Windows 10 Pro (?)

Step 5: Re-install all my apps, re-do the configurations/settings.

Step 6: Re-attach Storage Spaces/File History and restore all my files.

Step 7: Turn on BitLocker system-wide with a new key (?) in the BitLocker USB key, including auto-unlock of Storage Spaces/File History.

The clean installed Windows 10 Pro system should now work with BitLocker enabled.

I keep researching the open questions in the above as well as the issues marked with question marks. Any help appreciated TSA plans to complete upgrade to Windows 10 this year :)

FormUser, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

TSA plans to complete upgrade to Windows 10 this year

1. TSA plans to complete upgrade to Windows 10 this year - Similar Threads - TSA plans complete

2. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  3. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  4. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can you pay off Windows 10 with a monthly or yearly payment plan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you pay off Windows 10 with a monthly or yearly payment plan?: Im on macOS iMAC™ and i would like to install windows 10 using Boot Camp Assistant and i was wondering if i can pay by monthly or yearly payment plan. Some System Info is below I would like a Microsoft employe or someone else to respond. Thanks!SYSTEM: macOS Catlina 10.15.7...
  6. Can you pay off Windows 10 with a monthly or yearly payment plan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you pay off Windows 10 with a monthly or yearly payment plan?: Im on macOS iMAC™ and i would like to install windows 10 using Boot Camp Assistant and i was wondering if i can pay by monthly or yearly payment plan. Some System Info is below I would like a Microsoft employe or someone else to respond. Thanks!SYSTEM: macOS Catlina 10.15.7...
  7. Can you pay off Windows 10 with a monthly or yearly payment plan?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Planning to Upgrade hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Planning to Upgrade hardware: I'm planning to upgrade my HDD within the next few weeks, and I wanted to make sure that I can install Windows. I have what I believe is the Windows 7 product key I found it written down but upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available. However, when I tried to download the...
  9. Win10 Upgrade Plans

Win10 Upgrade Plans: I’ve been a win10 Insider from the beginning but I still use win7Pro(x64) on my 2 home Desktop puters. My win10 insider version is installed (19037.1) on an older test machine I built some years ago. Rather than upgrade to win10 over my current win7 puters, I would like to...
  10. Plan to upgrade PC

Plan to upgrade PC: Hi Folks, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed in my PC and the specs are E5800 Intel Dual Core Procie 4GB ram Asrock board and plan to upgrade to A4 7300 AMD Procie 8GB ram Gigabyte board I know it's a long shot (or anyone else have same experience) but do I...