Windows 10: “tscon 'SessionID' /dest:console” always shows “Session ID not found”

Discus and support “tscon 'SessionID' /dest:console” always shows “Session ID not found” in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a script that closes remote desktop connection and runs an application on a remote computer. It is helpful when the application requires a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cubrman, Oct 24, 2019.

1. cubrman Win User

“tscon 'SessionID' /dest:console” always shows “Session ID not found”

I have a script that closes remote desktop connection and runs an application on a remote computer. It is helpful when the application requires a special access to your GPU.

To shut down the remote session the script uses:

tscon 'SessionID' /dest:console

The script is no longer working after I switched to Windows 10 - tscon constantly shows "Session ID not found" error. I use "query session" to figure out my SessionID.

:)

cubrman, Oct 24, 2019

2. Can't restore console using tscon after Feature Update 1903

I don't like to have to log back in to my host PC after remote desktop connecting to it so have always used the command "tscon %SessionName% /dest: console" to exit the RD session. This no longer works after installing Feature Update 1903. It fails with:

Could not connect sessionID 4 to sessionname console, Error code 5023

Error [5023]:The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

The doc for Feature Update 1903 states:

Starting with this release the Remote Desktop Services uses a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) based Indirect Display

Driver (IDD) for a single session remote desktop.

I strongly suspect this new IDD functionality is what has made tscon stop working.

Anyone know how to implement this functionality on Feature Update 1903 and later machines?

ClarkDavis1, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Can't restore console using tscon after Feature Update 1903

Hi Clark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while restoring the Remote Desktop Console using TSCON on Windows 10 1903.

Since the issue is related to Remote Desktop Session, we do have a dedicated team who support issues related to Remote Desktop and TSCON. I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 24, 2019
  4. “tscon 'SessionID' /dest:console” always shows “Session ID not found”

Connect to Console Session from Remote Desktop Mobile

You can always connect to a new session and run tscon 0 from there to change to the main session.

Nelson Tavares, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

“tscon 'SessionID' /dest:console” always shows “Session ID not found”

1. “tscon 'SessionID' /dest:console” always shows “Session ID not found” - Similar Threads - “tscon 'SessionID' dest

2. Active ID Sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active ID Sessions: Hi everyone, I got a question and I'm really confused about it. Why does my main user account got more than one active ID session, it only do increases once I turn off and on my pc and when I restart it, it goes back to 1 active session ID...
  3. Active ID Sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active ID Sessions: Hi everyone, I got a question and I'm really confused about it. Why does my main user account got more than one active ID session, it only do increases once I turn off and on my pc and when I restart it, it goes back to 1 active session ID...
  4. Your computer could not connect to another console session

in Windows 10 News
    Your computer could not connect to another console session: [IMG]If remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer and fails with the error message Your computer could not connect to another console session on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help you with the most applicable solutions to...
  5. No session found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No session found: I bought the pc game pass for windows 10 and downloaded ark. When I click to join ark there aren't servers showing up. I can just join non dedicated servers but I cant join to unofficials or officials. Basically what happens is that I can't connect with the ark official...
  6. console session as adm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    console session as adm: can not run sfc /scannow then the cmd window tells me I must be logged in as the administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I am logged in as the administrator . Please help....
  7. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  8. TSCON to an user with no privilegies

in Windows 10 Customization
    TSCON to an user with no privilegies: Hello! I am looking for a solution to my problem... So, I have one Windows 10 1509, and I'm not will be the administrator of the ambient and I have to search something to release access via regedit or one software that give me privilegies only for my normal user to execute...
  9. Can't restore console using tscon after Feature Update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't restore console using tscon after Feature Update 1903: I don't like to have to log back in to my host PC after remote desktop connecting to it so have always used the command "tscon %SessionName% /dest: console" to exit the RD session. This no longer works after installing Feature Update 1903. It fails with: Could not...
  10. console session as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    console session as an administrator: Console session as an administrator doesn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/console-session-as-an-administrator/92267398-4429-4ed9-8c48-20ddd599e592

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using tscon what consle number

2. could not connect sessionid to sessionname console error 5

3. Could not connect sessionID 1 to sessionname console Error code 5023Error [5023]:The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

4. could not connect sessionid 2 to sessionname console error code 1326,
  5. tscon could not connect,
  6. tscon SessionID /dest:console notw orking in windows 10