Windows 10: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore !

Discus and support TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I don't know when this problem began on my computer (I don't often use my CD/DVD reader) but it can't read any DVD or CD anymore. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yrfan, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Yrfan Win User

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore !

Hi everyone,
    I don't know when this problem began on my computer (I don't often use my CD/DVD reader) but it can't read any DVD or CD anymore.
    When I insert a CD/DVD, it's just not read, but the reader is detected and "works fine" :

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore ! 65ba8ac8-ea1f-4bbb-8726-d6529239b9f4?upload=true.jpg
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore ! 9ee03882-b2da-4222-8dae-70d302559c71?upload=true.jpg
    In the
    device manager too :

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore ! 7d130315-39b2-4623-88d1-b6c21dd4a221?upload=true.jpg

I really don't know what to do... I uninstalled the reader, reboot the computer, nothing changed. some people on forums are talking about this location in regedit : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}, and I shoul suppress upperfilter and lowerfilter, BUT I don't have it :

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore ! 719f6798-2527-42bb-8403-6ec0e5b51603?upload=true.jpg

:)

Yrfan, Jul 23, 2019

2. DVD not operating

My TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH -224DB scsi Cd Rom Device does not show up in the drive list. When checking it shows error code 39 I am operating Windows 10 64 bit system

DigbyWarren, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    DVD Drive, not reading any Media

This has been going on for a while but neither of my DVD internal drives are reading any DVD or CD
    There both TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-223L they use to run everything and burn everything. some how neither will read any disk?
    any ideas
    both are reconsied as DVDRW drives in windows Explorer same thing in disk management

Clintlgm, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Hilman_10 Win User

Problems with DVD/CD Drive

I've got a refurbished PC with Win7 Pro and updated it to Win10 Pro. When I've tried to install software through a DVD, the PC cannot read the DVD. I have tried almost all suggestions from the internet, like uninstall the drivers and delete the lower and
    upper filter from the registry (but I don't have those files, so I didn't do it) etc. but still no hope.

The driver is TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C.

In the command prompt, when I've entered `diskpart` and then `list volume`, it says my Volume 0 to be type of `CD-ROM` and not `DVD-ROM`. Is that the problem? What should I do to solve this? Do I need to downgrade back?

Could it mean the drive itself is a CD-ROM drive? But with nowadays standard, I don't think that is the case.

Hilman_10, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB can't read cd/dvd anymore ! - Similar Threads - TSSTcorp CDDVDW 224DB

2. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW: I have an old Casper laptop running Win 10 that has a CDDVDW SU-208DB as an internal disc reader that can not read DVD+R or Rewritable CDs. I've tried a few different discs by different companies, bought at different times, etc. and all of them spin for a bit, stop, then...
  3. CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CDDVDW SU-208DB not recognizing DVD+R and CD-RW: I have an old Casper laptop running Win 10 that has a CDDVDW SU-208DB as an internal disc reader that can not read DVD+R or Rewritable CDs. I've tried a few different discs by different companies, bought at different times, etc. and all of them spin for a bit, stop, then...
  4. TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A: I bought an old Advent 5711 laptop. And this DVD drive won't detect any disc whatsoever. But the drive itself is detected? Any suggestions? No driver is found anywhere online. Thanks. 166990
  5. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  6. tsstcorp cddvdw su-208fb error

tsstcorp cddvdw su-208fb error: Good afternoon, Today I was trying to use my dvd driver and it didn't work, in the properties it says that: "O Windows não pode iniciar este dispositivo de hardware uma vez que as respetivas informações de configuração no registo estão incompletas ou danificadas. Código 19"...
  7. Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10

Problem Reading DVD in TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FBD drive running Windows 10: Have a Toshiba Satellite L50-D-B laptop with AMD E1-6010 APU processor and AMD Radeon R2 Graphics running on Windows 10. Have reset the laptop using the reset utility removing everything prior to it reinstalling windows. I have then updated the whole system with Windows...
  8. TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB Will not read any disk aside from software programs

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB Will not read any disk aside from software programs: As the title states, it will run software like Turbo Tax but will not read video or audio disks, burnt or original. A box pops up asking me to insert a disk every time and the CD tray opens. I've uninstalled and rebooted to no effect and checked the regedit for upper and...
  9. Can't read CD/DVD

Can't read CD/DVD: Wanted to write some series of the Prison Break to a DVD-R 1x-16 4.7 GB/120min and i did it in my new PC. The disk is created for a laptop wich has a MATHSITA DVD-RAM UJ88D1 reader/writer. I have some other same type of disks with other series from the Prison Break and when I...
  10. cd/dvd not reading/writing

cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd writer sh-224 not reading disk

2. tsstcorp cddvdw sh-s223c wont read disc

3. tsstcorp cddvdw sh-224db windows 10