Windows 10: TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications

Discus and support TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We support a couple of C++ desktop apps that use TUF Web services. we are being asked to move to OAuth-based authentication. we tried WinRT to perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NewMember1, Dec 6, 2022.

1. TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications

We support a couple of C++ desktop apps that use TUF Web services. we are being asked to move to OAuth-based authentication. we tried WinRT to perform OAuth 2.0 logins, with not much success. We are looking into WinHTTP, IWebBrowser2, and IWebView2, but not sure which option would be the best. I really appreciate any guidance on this topic.

:)

NewMember1, Dec 6, 2022

2. Can't delete $Windows.~WS

Hi,

This folder is created by Windows, during the upgrade process and you may delete this folder.

Some times this will create an error when trying to delete this folder and I suggest you to restart the computer, sign in with Administrator account and follow the below steps again:

Right-click on Start button to open the Win X Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

Now copy-paste the following and hit Enter to delete the contents of $Windows.~WS directory

takeown /F C:\$Windows.~WS\* /R /A

icacls C:\$Windows.~WS\*.* /T /grant administrators:F

rmdir /S /Q C:\$Windows.~WS\

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications

Introducing Windows Desktop Program for Desktop Application Analytics

Source: Introducing the Windows Desktop Program for Desktop Application Analytics - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications

1. TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications - Similar Threads - TUF replacement C++

2. Need C++ application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need C++ application: Hi,I need a C++ application to take the screenshot of the screen when the system is bootup.windows 10Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-c-application/152d60a4-ce67-4e52-bc61-81601d8f3a50
  3. TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TUF WS replacement for C++ Desktop Applications: We support a couple of C++ desktop apps that use TUF Web services. we are being asked to move to OAuth-based authentication. we tried WinRT to perform OAuth 2.0 logins, with not much success. We are looking into WinHTTP, IWebBrowser2, and IWebView2, but not sure which option...
  4. Encoding Options in WS 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoding Options in WS 2019: Ive run into a weird thing in Windows Server 2019, when I look at the encoding options in NotePad, it only shows one option for UTF-8, when i save a file using that, its adding the BOM. On my laptop, if i look in the same place, i see two options instead, UTF-8 With BOM and...
  5. why select and replace with "c"

in Windows 10 Customization
    why select and replace with "c": when i select/highlight some words in excel or email, or website, i must replace with letter "c" , why???c how can I fix it? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-select-and-replace-with-c/41eb1526-97ce-4daa-bb1d-ea59d8ed18e9
  6. Replacing a desktop with a mini

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing a desktop with a mini: Hi all, Long time lurker and used to contribute in the eight forums 10 moons ago - good to see this is going strong! I've always had a fairly powerful laptop (Currently a Dell XPS 9300) and a desktop (currently a Dell Precision 3620 however recently I know the mini desktops...
  7. Printer WS

Printer WS: All I know is WS stands for “web services” for printing devices. Everyone says it was provided by Microsoft. I have two printer icons one has WS and the other does not have WS. What is the Printer WS for? What does it do? Thank you in advance....
  8. Canon MX880 shows as FAX WS, not Printer WS

Canon MX880 shows as FAX WS, not Printer WS: Adding a Canon MX 882 to my network shows it as a FAX WS on my ASUS Laptop And as a Printer WS on my Microsoft Surface. I need it to show as a printer on the ASUS for my wife to use....
  9. Replacing Main C: Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing Main C: Drive: I'm replacing my C: bootup hard drive with an SSD. Can I speed up the process by installing Windows on the SSD and still have the license valid on the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-main-c-drive/c4d9c9a5-b930-435b-8e67-2751c654372f"
  10. $Windows.~WS ? ? ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $Windows.~WS ? ? ?: Does anybody know what the $Windows.~WS file is and can it be removed? It's not removed when you do "disc clean of system files". Any ideas *Cool 11272