Windows 10: Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now

Discus and support Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there Is any decent program (Windows) for Tunein -- they've 100% ruined it on Windows -- now it's hopeless to get a station easily - they used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now

Hi there

Is any decent program (Windows) for Tunein -- they've 100% ruined it on Windows -- now it's hopeless to get a station easily - they used to have it to arrange easily by city and Genre. Now you just get ALL the stations in a city - which for a large city could be LOADS of them and no easy way to store favorites.

The Linux application (CANTATA) still has Tunein available in the old way - so anybody got a decent alternative for Windows to Tunein -- application needs to play the OPML radio streams. The Linux one can also stream Internet radio to remote devices - but I need a Windows app this time.

Here's how Tunein Should work - note this is the CANTATA (Linux client for mpd - music player daemon) - don't know why on earth Tunein in Windows was turned into something barely useable`

Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now [​IMG]

Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2016

2. when nokia lumia 620 Windows Phone 8 support FM radio like lumia 520 support FM radio after amber update

Not all Windows Phone 8 devices include an FM Radio antenna, but many of them do. For those that do, there is an FM Radio app that was added to the OS some time ago.

Tunein Radio is an internet radio. As such one must maintain an internet connection to use it (either via Wifi or via Data Connection). Internet Radio is not a replacement for FM Radio, which is free and does not require any kind of internet connection.

Julie fka profjulie, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Mi55 Win User
    Nokia Internet Radio on NwWP? (Lumia devices)

How do I type a url into Lumia is tunein radio or is there something else that works like Nokia Internet Radio?

Mi55, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now

1. Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now - Similar Threads - Tunein Internet Radio

2. TuneIn Radio App Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TuneIn Radio App Issue: I downloaded the TuneIn app a few months ago and it was working fine. Then it would load. I've tried the app repair feature, uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps coming up with an error....
  3. Sad day for Internet Radio Listeners Tunein Regionally locked 10 Sept

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sad day for Internet Radio Listeners Tunein Regionally locked 10 Sept: Hi folks I thought the Internet was meant to be International -- anyway since yesterday the Tunein radio service - 100,000's free Internet radio stations is now regionally blocked from its UK servers -- So for those things like classical music or other specialized music which...
  4. HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio

in Cortana
    HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio: Cortana doesn't recognize many radio stations I know available in TuneIn. I believe it's a matter of recognition. How can I make Cortana access them ? . For example Klara , is a classical music station based in Belgium, listed on TuneIn. What should I say to make Cortana...
  5. hopeless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hopeless: hey guys apparently i wasted my time and connection over the download of dead space 2 because i will never get the password file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/hopeless/f77c8c73-3c5d-43f8-8fc4-6a85957b9a85
  6. TuneIn, your fave radio station?

TuneIn, your fave radio station?: So, what's your favorite radio station on this awesome radio app? Mine: <> 97.3 WMEE <> 92.7 The Skunk <> 100.9 FM The Eagle <> Orlando Sky Radio (dead station, but was one of my faves!) <> Nashville FM (Country!) <> 103 The Wolf So what's YOURS? *Biggrin 112680
  7. How to play Tunein Radio on Windows 10

How to play Tunein Radio on Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how Tunein Radio (Internet radio) can be installed on Windows 10. I want to listen to a local FM Radio Station. Any help would be welcome Thanks 78593
  8. Tunein radio shortcut to station

Tunein radio shortcut to station: How can I make a shortcut to open Tunein radio to a particular station? 60452
  9. roberts stream internet radio.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    roberts stream internet radio.: Updated to windows 10 last week, everything fine except I cannot stream my music from my computer to roberts internet radio. Eveything is correct ie sharing and allowing ,the computer recognises the radio in devices but radio states (No upnp media servers found). have...
  10. Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 causing Internet Radios to switch on: I have a few internet radios in the house, mostly older Reciva-based radios, with the latest firmware. Some are connected to the LAN, some connect wirelessly. They have a setting which allows them to remain on the network in standby mode, the idea of this being that they...