Windows 10: Tuner Problem After Upgrade to Windows 10 v. 1903

Discus and support Tuner Problem After Upgrade to Windows 10 v. 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Been using a Hauppague Tuner card to record over the air broadcasts. Discovered that it has not been working ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 v.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregCowling, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Tuner Problem After Upgrade to Windows 10 v. 1903

Been using a Hauppague Tuner card to record over the air broadcasts. Discovered that it has not been working ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 v. 1903. The software I use is NextPVR. The message it gives me is "Unable to locate tuner filter (Hauppauge WinTV 885 ATSC Tuner/Demod 2).

Checked Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers" and it's no longer there. Is there a way to get my PC/Windows to find it again?

Looks like there are three topics I could have designated for this one.

:)

GregCowling, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Tuner Problem After Upgrade to Windows 10 v. 1903

Tv tuner not working after upgrade to 10

After migrating to windows 10, I am unable to use my external tv tuner box (connected through USB). Earlier I was using Windows 7 Home Basic and this device was working very well.

Details of external TV tuner box.

Tech-Com - USB 2.0 laptop TV tuner. It includes a port for cable, MMI, USB and line out (a/v) ports.

I am unable to locate the correct driver for this device for Windows 10.

All suggestions and help very much appreciated as I miss watching/listening to audio while working in the desktop.

With best regards.

G.Vedantham.

External TV tuner box (USB)- Original Title.

Gvedantham, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Tuner Problem After Upgrade to Windows 10 v. 1903

1. Tuner Problem After Upgrade to Windows 10 v. 1903 - Similar Threads - Tuner Problem Upgrade

2. WIN 10 upgrade from V 1903 to V 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 upgrade from V 1903 to V 2004: I recently purchased an HP Envy Laptop and it came installed with V. 1903 Build 18362.778, install date 03/17/20. EDGE version is 84.0.522.44. I have Windows Updates paused thru 02/08/21. My Laptop & Windows & Applications are working just fine. I create manual...
  3. Problems with the upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Problems with the upgrade to Windows 10 1903: For several months, I had problems updating my laptop to Windows 10 1903. I am currently on Windows 10 1803. What happens is that when I let the update begin, it will start updating normally, without problems. Then, once it reaches 40%, it will display the MSI logo and...
  4. Windows 10, v 1903 Start Menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, v 1903 Start Menu problems: Right Click on Start, options not all working now. Disk Mgmt, Computer Mgmt, both command prompts, and file explorer, nothing happens when selected. Left Click on start, command prompt does work. 150758
  5. Windows 10 v. 1903

Windows 10 v. 1903: Is it safe yet to install version 1903. I've read nothing but problems in other posts before this month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-v-1903/bea33c9a-a506-4a51-b340-721ff047da5a
  6. Windows 10 v 1903

Windows 10 v 1903: I can't upgrade to Windows 10 v 1903. I can download it and it will try to install it. When I get the message that my computer needs to shut down and does so, I get the following message: "Boot Manager recovered from an error. Boot Manager has restored Boot Priority from...
  7. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  8. Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903: I hate this kinda stuff. My desktop was working fine. So I gave in and installed the update v.1903 and now all I have to do is fix problems *Sad (Teaches you something about those updates, doesn't it?) So I have this Excel file that has my own signed macros in it. It used to...
  9. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Support
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  10. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...