Windows 10: TurboPC EX File Copy

Discus and support TurboPC EX File Copy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Buffalo Hard drive backup, using it for over a year, and most recently when I copy a file TurboPC Ex File copy comes up and copies the file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Spock, Sep 16, 2021.

1. TurboPC EX File Copy

I have a Buffalo Hard drive backup, using it for over a year, and most recently when I copy a file TurboPC Ex File copy comes up and copies the file. It is very very slow. How do i stop it from running and go back to the original Windows file copy?

:)

John Spock, Sep 16, 2021

2. Removing Buffalo TurboPC EX Series

Hi guys,

I got rid of TurboPC EX by doing some changes to my registry in regedit.exe

Thanks to @Harshavardhan Rathod 's post here

Removing Buffalo TurboPC EX Series

He did it through cmd.exe by copying and pasting this command line into the cmd (run as Admin).

echo Start

echo #

echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd system32

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

echo #

echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd syswow64

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

echo End

After pasting the command, cmd.exe will automatically run the script.

I tried this step too, however i did another thing.

I launched regedit.exe (this is quite dangerous so dont mess up the wrong stuff).

Followed the addresses seen in the above command which are:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Look for any TurboPC EX related files and delete them.

Also, check:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BUFFALO

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BUFFALO

I just deleted every god damn TurboPC EX related item I saw.

Try that guys.

Cheers,

Shannon

ShannonSonny, Sep 16, 2021
  3. VLUpadya Win User
    Removing Buffalo TurboPC EX Series

Remove BUFFALO TurboPC EX Series

VLUpadya, Sep 16, 2021
  4. TurboPC EX File Copy

Windows 10 upgrade: How to get past "BUFFALO TurboPC EX Series" on Windows 8

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows 8)

2) Copy command line and Paste.

echo Start

echo #

echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd system32

echo #

echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd syswow64

3) Close the command prompt.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

TurboPC EX File Copy

1. TurboPC EX File Copy - Similar Threads - TurboPC File Copy

2. Copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files.: Hey! I'm trying to copy files from my iCloud to an external hard drive but it says it needs additional storage on the C drive? I'm copying to the external drive E: not the C: drive. Please help. I downloaded all the pictures on my phone to my pc via iCloud. The external hard...
  3. Copying Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying Files: Hi, I started copying a single file from drive 1 to drive 2, it was copying at 200MB/s give or take. Then I started copying another file from Drive 1 to drive 3, and both are copying at 40MB/s. Why does copying 2 files cut the total traffic by 60% ? I can understand both...
  4. Copying files

Copying files: Good Day, When copying multiple files usually I do it in ctrl+A, and transferring it to another, is there an option where I can only paste new files and not the same files that are already there without transferring the new ones one by one? e.g. I Copied all1500 folders...
  5. Hacked by an ex

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked by an ex: Looking around here, this seems to be common. Exes have usually set something up while still in good favor and with access to a PC that they then left with things set up to facilitate remote initiation of some very wicked things. Microsoft runs the machine. At this moment...
  6. copying files

copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  7. Copying Files

Copying Files: There is something I observed while bulk copying : The copy speed while backing up 100s of GB of data from one Hard Drive to back-up drive. I wonder it is a problem of windows or a problem in my system? When I, say copying a smaller amount of data (for example 30-40 GB...
  8. Copying Files

Copying Files: How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC....
  9. Can't get past "BUFFALO TurboPC EX Series" on my Windows 7 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get past "BUFFALO TurboPC EX Series" on my Windows 7 PC: Windows 7 upgrade advisor reports that I have "BUFFALO TurboPC EX Series" on my Windows 7 PC. It won't let me upgrade until it is removed. I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas? I can't get past it. I've tried to locate it using: Revo Uninstaller Glary Utilities System...
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198

Users found this page by searching for:

1. buffalo turbopc ex