Windows 10: TurboTax 2020 updates but doesn't open; runs in safe mode

Discus and support TurboTax 2020 updates but doesn't open; runs in safe mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Turbo Tax 2020 Home and Business installed and updated, but when it restarts the initial window appears then goes away and the program doesn’t open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reugened, Dec 26, 2020.

1. reugened Win User

TurboTax 2020 updates but doesn't open; runs in safe mode

Turbo Tax 2020 Home and Business installed and updated, but when it restarts the initial window appears then goes away and the program doesn’t open. It runs in safe mode with networking.

I re-installed the 2019 Turbo Tax program and it does the same.

The installation works on my laptop but not my desktop. Both are the same fully updated version of Windows 10. Desktop is "Pro." Laptop is "Home."

I spent 1.5 hrs with Intuit and they took me through all the steps I had already performed, to no avail. Their support didn't go beyond installation procedures, and that was a disappointment.

This is from my Event Viewer:

Application: TurboTax.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at <Module>.zapApp.ExitAppzapApp*
    at IntuitTaxInterop.AppManager.!AppManager
    at IntuitTaxInterop.AppManager.DisposeBoolean
    at TurboTax.App.UniversalUnhandledExpectionHandlerImplSystem.Object, System.Exception
    at TurboTax.App.App_DispatcherUnhandledExceptionSystem.Object, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchExceptionSystem.Exception
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchExceptionStaticSystem.Object, System.Exception
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.CatchExceptionSystem.Object, System.Exception, System.Delegate
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhenSystem.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImplSystem.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProcIntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProcIntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DefWndProcWrapperIntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProcIntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProcIntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

reugened, Dec 26, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

TurboTax 2020 updates but doesn't open; runs in safe mode [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Dec 26, 2020
  4. TurboTax 2020 updates but doesn't open; runs in safe mode

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

TurboTax 2020 updates but doesn't open; runs in safe mode

1. TurboTax 2020 updates but doesn't open; runs in safe mode - Similar Threads - TurboTax 2020 updates

2. Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.: Hello,I have a very old laptop. One day i tried to open it after a long time. When, i opened it, the screen was black. But, the idication light was showing that the laptop is opened. When, i try to open it. It shows windows not shut down successfully. Then, i put the start...
  3. Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.: Hello,I have a very old laptop. One day i tried to open it after a long time. When, i opened it, the screen was black. But, the idication light was showing that the laptop is opened. When, i try to open it. It shows windows not shut down successfully. Then, i put the start...
  4. Windows 11 Safe Mode doesn't seem to have the Pin service running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Safe Mode doesn't seem to have the Pin service running: Hello!I wanted to do some low level file moves from one nvme drive to another. But I was getting access denied errors in robocopy and xcopy. I decided to boot into safe mode so I could do it from a cmd prompt without a lot of overhead.I don't think I've ever used a password...
  5. Windows 11 Safe Mode doesn't seem to have the Pin service running

Windows 11 Safe Mode doesn't seem to have the Pin service running: Hello!I wanted to do some low level file moves from one nvme drive to another. But I was getting access denied errors in robocopy and xcopy. I decided to boot into safe mode so I could do it from a cmd prompt without a lot of overhead.I don't think I've ever used a password...
  6. opening in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    opening in safe mode: computer went to blank screen so followed instructions to open safe mode. Instead of opening in safe mode it gives me error message-overrun of stacked based buffer. Overrun could allow malicious user to gain access to application. when i click on OK or the X the error message...
  7. opening in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening in safe mode: computer went to blank screen so followed instructions to open safe mode. Instead of opening in safe mode it gives me error message-overrun of stacked based buffer. Overrun could allow malicious user to gain access to application. when i click on OK or the X the error message...
  8. opening in safe mode

9. Fatal error 1603 when trying to update Turbotax 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fatal error 1603 when trying to update Turbotax 2020: I have been researching this issue and really nothing has worked. We installed Turbotax 2020 on my Dell Windows 10 laptop. Installation went fine and was put in the recommended C: drive folder. We ran the program and a dialog box comes up which wants to update the program...
  10. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....