Windows 10: Turn a inner HDD into a usb hdd

Discus and support Turn a inner HDD into a usb hdd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi to all, i´m new, and after all this time trying so hard to find an answer, finally i ´m in the right place. ok.... i have a new computer, i bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tragmargo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Tragmargo Win User

Turn a inner HDD into a usb hdd

Hi to all, i´m new, and after all this time trying so hard to find an answer, finally i ´m in the right place. ok.... i have a new computer, i bought it in febrary, but my younger daughter put a candy below the computer, the candy metled and some of that candy , got inside the notebook shell. Days after, i noticed the computer so very slow, 3 hours starting..... i got it to the computer shop, they opened and discover the melted sugar inside.... garanty deleted.... they toldme the HDD is broken....

I´m technician, so i started to check all the components, the melted candy touched the mother board, sonud, video, cam, lan, starting process...all is perfect, but it doesn´t load the windows. i get outside form the computer the HDD and i conected by usb to another computer and i could see all the files, pics, videos, documents, etc, etc.... all is there....

so i´m thinking that could be the HDD is right, cause i can see all the files, but could be something wrong inside the motherboard. I got other HDD and i conected, but the same error.... two HDD, is very difficult to have the same error.... so i started to think in try the next....

Taking the original HDD and turn it up into a USB HDD, and the computer starts from the USB. If i can do this, i will save my computer from the trash bin.....

Do you know how can i make that transformation?.... I remember the MBR, and other "start system file" important to reconfigurate or replace.... this is not only a BIOs configuration process, is more....but i dont remember.....

Thanks

:)

Tragmargo, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Turn a inner HDD into a usb hdd

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Turn a inner HDD into a usb hdd

1. Turn a inner HDD into a usb hdd - Similar Threads - Turn inner HDD

2. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  3. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  4. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  6. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  7. External HDD/USB.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD/USB.: Hello. I have an external HDD docking station connected to my PC thru USB. Devine manager sees it. But Windows explorer does not. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hddusb/b0404c2e-056a-4c66-b461-1e5113dc9275
  8. USB HDD Automount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB HDD Automount: In Windows 10, if I plug in a USB HDD/Flash drive all is well. If I leave the external HDD's (2 of them) plugged in, they do not show up when I start Windows, I have to unplug and re-plug them before they're available. Any guidance please as this is a pain in the rear?...
  9. Secondary HDD not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...
  10. Multiboot USB\HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiboot USB\HDD: Hello all, Im sure its been grind well enough but i have found no answer for my problem, only more problems *Biggrin I would like to create a multi USB with the following ISO's: Win 10 Win 7 Kali linux HBCD and a few more normal ISO's. Well ive tried XBOOT, YUMI,...