Windows 10: Turn brightness even higher

Discus and support Turn brightness even higher in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switch back-and-forth between WIndows 10 and Linux. One of the things that is immediately apparent is that Linux screens are much whiter (brighter)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nobody-important, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Turn brightness even higher

I switch back-and-forth between WIndows 10 and Linux. One of the things that is immediately apparent is that Linux screens are much whiter (brighter) than Windows screens. I have the brightness turned all the way up in Windows. Is there any other way to increase the whiteness?

:)

nobody-important, Aug 4, 2019

2. Can't turn down brightness.

Hi Shaikot,

For us to isolate your concern and to provide you an accurate resolution in turning down the brightness of your device, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using a desktop or laptop?
    • Aside from the suggested resolution in this thread, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 29, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Turn brightness even higher

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Turn brightness even higher

1. Turn brightness even higher - Similar Threads - Turn brightness higher

2. PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.: Hello, I have a gaming pc I built a few months ago. It's more than capable of running higher graphics. I was doing some work in Unreal Engine 5 and enabled Ray Tracing yesterday. And the pc turned off a few minutes later. I was monitoring the temperature on my GPU and it...
  3. Turning Brightness to 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning Brightness to 0%: Hey all,I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21H2, OS build 22000.652. I want to keep my computer running at night while using an auto-clicker. To save electricity and reduce light in my bedroom, I want to turn my monitor to 0% brightness.I have checked the settings, and the minimum...
  4. Turning Brightness to 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Brightness to 0%: Hey all,I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21H2, OS build 22000.652. I want to keep my computer running at night while using an auto-clicker. To save electricity and reduce light in my bedroom, I want to turn my monitor to 0% brightness.I have checked the settings, and the minimum...
  5. brightness cant be turned down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness cant be turned down: after the new version I couldn't turn down my brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-cant-be-turned-down/efd29d9e-98b7-4273-9ba9-81031c1f3a56
  6. display is dim even at max brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    display is dim even at max brightness: My screen seems too dark even at max brightness. I've tried calibrating the HD display in colors settings and that doesn't work either. Any ideas how i can make it brighter?...
  7. Turning off adaptive brightness

Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  8. Screen dimming even at 100% brightness

Screen dimming even at 100% brightness: Hi recently bought a Lenovo laptop, a Lenovo V14-ARE laptop, and as soon as I turned it on I noticed, when I put it on 100% brightness it is bright and vivid but then it dims. After a while, the screen brightens again then proceeds to dim once again in a few seconds. When I...
  9. Screen too bright even at 0

Screen too bright even at 0: After the most recent windows update, my screen is way too bright, even with brightness set to 0. I'm very light sensitive, and have had a difficult time doing anything on this computer, even in dark mode. Is there some way to turn everything down even farther? I can't keep...
  10. keeps downloading higher and higher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps downloading higher and higher: Hello, I have purchased the game Forza Horizon 3 about a week ago and it does not finish downloading. every time it gets close to finishing, it adds an extra 30-50GB's worth of download onto the game. Example: The game has downloaded 0GB's out of 60GB. I leave it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn the brightness higher and lower