Windows 10: Turn brightness even higher

Discus and support Turn brightness even higher in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switch back-and-forth between WIndows 10 and Linux. One of the things that is immediately apparent is that Linux screens are much whiter (brighter)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nobody-important, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Turn brightness even higher

I switch back-and-forth between WIndows 10 and Linux. One of the things that is immediately apparent is that Linux screens are much whiter (brighter) than Windows screens. I have the brightness turned all the way up in Windows. Is there any other way to increase the whiteness?

:)

nobody-important, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Turn brightness even higher

1. Turn brightness even higher - Similar Threads - Turn brightness higher

2. Brightness does not change even after increasing or decreasing it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness does not change even after increasing or decreasing it: Brightness does not change even after increasing or decreasing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-does-not-change-even-after-increasing/690c641c-5548-42ff-a2ad-c08ab9e650b2
  3. 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness

1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness: Really sick that this is always default on laptops. It is turned off in the intel settings but the screen brightness still changes. This is EXTREMELY frustrating as a graphics designer as i am zooming in and out of dark and light areas and the screen is constantly changing....
  4. Directx 9.0c or higher?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Directx 9.0c or higher?: Hi there, I have problem with installation of the old game. In my files that i downloaded of the game. There is Autorun option that installs the game. After I type the cdkey and click yes couple of times. Its asking me to have directx 9.0 or higher. I'm trying to run it on...
  5. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....
  6. Monitor detected even if turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor detected even if turned off: Hi, I have external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI-HDMI cable. I extend Windows 10 desktop to external monitor (making external monitor primary). Now if I turn off external monitor Windows 10 _used_ to detect this, after which it stopped display extension, and made...
  7. keeps downloading higher and higher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps downloading higher and higher: Hello, I have purchased the game Forza Horizon 3 about a week ago and it does not finish downloading. every time it gets close to finishing, it adds an extra 30-50GB's worth of download onto the game. Example: The game has downloaded 0GB's out of 60GB. I leave it to...
  8. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off: This has been the bane of many a user. I found a solution that worked with my Alienware Laptop, but I don't claim it to be a universal fix. There is a dimming feature linked to the camera. It is designed to dim the screen to off when you walk away from the computer as a...
  9. Windows Defender will not turn on even with Malwarebytes disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender will not turn on even with Malwarebytes disabled: Loaded a new HP Laptop with Malwarebytes premium three days ago. Today I checked Windows Defender (WD) and a message comes up saying WD has been turned off. With an instruction that if using additional AV software to go to "Updates and Security" and check that apps status....
  10. Higher RAM consumption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Higher RAM consumption: mr.rifas ahamed: I am using ASUS Pro P2540UV configured with Corei5, 8GB, 1TB HDD and Nvidia 920MX for last 2 months. Windows 10 Pro had been installed with this. After working for a while with various application, amount of RAM consumption does not reduce to initial level...