Windows 10: turn indexing back on Windows 10

Discus and support turn indexing back on Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; For some reason (I don't know how) indexing was turned off. I am unable to turn it back on. Cannot get past "indexing is not running"... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TR49, Jan 9, 2019.

1. TR49 Win User

turn indexing back on Windows 10

For some reason (I don't know how) indexing was turned off.

I am unable to turn it back on.

Cannot get past "indexing is not running"

:)

TR49, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jan 9, 2019
  4. malernah Win User

Search Indexing was Turned Off

When searching on Start Menu, it says Search Indexing was Turned Off. When I click on Turn On Indexing, I get Indexing is not running. There's no option to start indexing, and troubleshoot search and indexing doesn't turn it on.

turn indexing back on Windows 10 90359a9b-3438-4cdc-bcbc-c0236190f699.png

Please let me know what steps I can take to troubleshoot and resolve, and I will follow steps and post results of steps.

malernah, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. turn indexing back on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - turn indexing

2. Search Indexing keeps turning off - Always having to scan my computer for corrupted files,...

in Cortana
    Search Indexing keeps turning off - Always having to scan my computer for corrupted files,...: It was about a month again when I first encountered that my search indexing was turned off, this was during school and I searched the internet for solutions. I found that I had to scan my laptop, rebuild the index, troubleshoot and also restart and stop/start the windows...
  3. How do I turn on Windows Indexing on 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on Windows Indexing on 11: How do I turn on my Indexing. My desktop says that's why Im having so many problems sending and composing emails. I have no idea what the problem is except pop up that said my indexing was not on...
  4. How do I turn on Windows Indexing on 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn on Windows Indexing on 11: How do I turn on my Indexing. My desktop says that's why Im having so many problems sending and composing emails. I have no idea what the problem is except pop up that said my indexing was not on...
  5. Search Indexing constantly turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Indexing constantly turning off: Hi there,I am working IT and am running into an issue with an end user who's search indexing keeps turning off. The temporary fix is to re-index the drive but that lasts a month at most. We have tried all the trouble shooters, forcing services to run, multiple indexing...
  6. Search Indexing constantly turning off

Search Indexing constantly turning off: Hi there,I am working IT and am running into an issue with an end user who's search indexing keeps turning off. The temporary fix is to re-index the drive but that lasts a month at most. We have tried all the trouble shooters, forcing services to run, multiple indexing...
  7. Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help: Earlier the Windows Search was running fine, but now when I search in Windows Explorer, it shows 'Search indexing was turn off. Turn indexing back on.' When I click here Indexing Options opens with a message 'Indexing is not running.' I try to open 'Searching Windows' option...
  8. Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help

Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help: Earlier the Windows Search was running fine, but now when I search in Windows Explorer, it shows 'Search indexing was turn off. Turn indexing back on.' When I click here Indexing Options opens with a message 'Indexing is not running.' I try to open 'Searching Windows' option...
  9. Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on: Hello everyone,I have a really annoying problem with my Windows 11. Every time I turn off the computer and then turn it off indexing is resetting and I cannot search my messages in Outlook or files on local drives. I tried to rebuild the index, move it to another...
  10. Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on

Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on: Hello everyone,I have a really annoying problem with my Windows 11. Every time I turn off the computer and then turn it off indexing is resetting and I cannot search my messages in Outlook or files on local drives. I tried to rebuild the index, move it to another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn indexing back on

2. turn indexing back on

3. turn indexing back on windows 10

4. how to turn indexing on windows 10,
  5. idexing turned off,
  6. how to turn on indexing back on,
  7. turn on indexing from c share,
  8. turnsearchindexing back on,
  9. turn indexing on windows,
  10. turn on windows index,
  11. turn intexting back on,