Windows 10: Turn Link State Power Management On or Off in Windows 11

Discus and support Turn Link State Power Management On or Off in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows has a lot going for it when it comes to customization, it got Settings, Control Panel, Command Prompt and more just to make the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 17, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Turn Link State Power Management On or Off in Windows 11

Turn Link State Power Management On or Off in Windows 11 Link-state-power-management-1.png
    Windows has a lot going for it when it comes to customization, it got Settings, Control Panel, Command Prompt and more just to make the OS function the way you want. In this article, we are going to see how to customize one more Windows feature, we are going to turn Link State Power Management […]

This article Turn Link State Power Management On or Off in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 17, 2021

2. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesTurn Link State Power Management On or Off in Windows 11 :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 17, 2021
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Turn Link State Power Management On or Off in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Turn Link State

2. Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...: System - upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10powercfg -energy reports the following two errors:CPU Utilization: Processor utilization is highThe average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor...
  3. Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...: System - upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10powercfg -energy reports the following two errors:CPU Utilization: Processor utilization is highThe average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor...
  4. Windows 11 Power state failure

Windows 11 Power state failure: Pc was working fine for the past month but today i got several Power state failure in quick succession.I think i have changed the usb selective suspend setting to disabled which seems to have stabilized it but im still very concerned by the crashing behavior.Amd 7700GPU...
  5. Windows 11 Power state failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Power state failure: Pc was working fine for the past month but today i got several Power state failure in quick succession.I think i have changed the usb selective suspend setting to disabled which seems to have stabilized it but im still very concerned by the crashing behavior.Amd 7700GPU...
  6. Windows 11 Power state failure

Windows 11 Power state failure: I updated some drivers for Windows 11. Now I get the blue screen of death with the driver power state failure. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-power-state-failure/34615ddb-b0d6-40c7-afed-fdfe7fc0eaa0
  7. Windows 11 Power state failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Power state failure: I updated some drivers for Windows 11. Now I get the blue screen of death with the driver power state failure. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-power-state-failure/34615ddb-b0d6-40c7-afed-fdfe7fc0eaa0
  8. how to disable Link State Power Management in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable Link State Power Management in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise: On Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 64 bit, how to disable Link State Power Management before installing mini PCIe card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-disable-link-state-power-management-in/26b46f6b-bbb0-4906-905d-d8146c5f88b7
  9. Remove 'Link State Power Management' in Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove 'Link State Power Management' in Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Remove 'Link State Power Management' in Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Link State Power Management' from Power Options in Windows 10 Power Options that allows users to specify the Active State Power Management (ASPM) policy to use for capable...
  10. Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to configure the link power management mode for disk and storage devices that...