Windows 10: Turn location sensor on

Discus and support Turn location sensor on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to turn on my location sensor in Windows 10, but I keep getting a "some settings are hidden by your organization" message. I'm the only user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckp, Oct 11, 2018.

1. chuckp Win User

Turn location sensor on

I'm trying to turn on my location sensor in Windows 10, but I keep getting a "some settings are hidden by your organization" message. I'm the only user of this machine and I am not part of any 'organization'. Is there a way to get around this roadblock?

:)

chuckp, Oct 11, 2018

2. Way to disable proximity sensor?

Why does my Nokia Lumia's screen turn black when in a call? - Nokia FAQ

Your Nokia Lumia phone has a proximity sensor located on the upper part of the front side. When you are in a call the proximity sensor turns off the touch screen to prevent accidental presses. Any object cover the sensor may cause
    detection.

You can take the following steps to check the issue:

• Make or receive a call with the phone.
    • Once the phone is in a call place your hand 1cm above the screen and display will turn off.
    • Remove your hand from above the proximity sensor area and display shall turn back on.
    • Repeat the test steps 1,2,3 for 3 times to verify the proximity sensor function.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    No location sensor

Hi Chuck,

You can set the location in the application's settings, depending on the application you are using. Some applications
    have that feature and others don't. We suggest that you check the application settings if it is available. However, we suggest that you install a location sensor in your PC/laptop for a more convenient way to use it.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Turn location sensor on

Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Turn location sensor on

1. Turn location sensor on - Similar Threads - Turn location sensor

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  3. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  4. Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?: So I recently got a brand new gaming laptop and it says that it has a fingerprint sensor but I cannot find it. I even looked online for answers and checked the manual and nothing. I really want to setup fingerprint so I can just scan my finger and sign in. If anyone has...
  5. Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?: So I recently got a brand new gaming laptop and it says that it has a fingerprint sensor but I cannot find it. I even looked online for answers and checked the manual and nothing. I really want to setup fingerprint so I can just scan my finger and sign in. If anyone has...
  6. Fix Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor not working: [ATTACH]Some users are complaining that Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor is not working on their Windows computers. Some of them have tried updating the device driver from the Device Manager. But when they updated the driver, they received the following...
  7. Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working: Some time ago, after the last major Windows update, I was unable to get my laptop to re-orient itself when in tablet mode. This is a problem that the sensors seem to not be enabled. I've checked in the registry and made sure they were enabled. When I go to the Privacy...
  8. Location not turning on

Location not turning on: Permission settings to allow location is grayed out. It was working all good before yesterday night. Now I can't grant permission to apps. To be honest I was changing some settings through reg edit after that all this startedNvidia GeForce GTX...
  9. Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

Where is the fingerprint sensor located?: Where is the fingerprint sensor located? On the trackpad? It does not seem to respond to my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-fingerprint-sensor-located/bc37c073-78a3-4e84-84d1-3bda0cdcb20c
  10. Windows 7 not showing location sensor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 not showing location sensor: hi, i recently have installed windows 7 sp1 with all updates and in device manager location sensor is not shown.. Also Gadgets cannot detect my location. It was working fine on my previous windows 8. when i go to location sensors through startup it says no sensors are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on windows location sensor

2. turn windows location on sensor

3. turn on location sensor in windows 10

4. sensor diagnoistic turn on location,
  5. Turn on Windows 10 location sensor