Windows 10: Turn off ads that pop up?

Discus and support Turn off ads that pop up? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I started getting pop up ads advertising stupid things like Terry Bradshaws ED drug. How do I stop them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrunkenTen3992, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Turn off ads that pop up?

Recently I started getting pop up ads advertising stupid things like Terry Bradshaws ED drug. How do I stop them?

:)

DrunkenTen3992, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

ad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please follow the steps to block Pop-ups or Ads.

• Open “Microsoft Edge settings”.
    • Select the option “View advance settings”.
    • Turn on “Pop-up block”.
    • And also turn on “help protect me from malicious sites and downloads from Smart filter”.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 4, 2019
  3. unwanted pop up ads.

Depends on what is popping up the ads, what they look like, etc.

Turn off notifications / suggestions thru settings for Windows 10 in general.

Get a ad-blocker installed for the web browser of your choice.

Scan your system with MalwareBytes (free) and SuperAntiSpyware (free) and remove everything they find.

Shenan Stanley, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Turn off ads that pop up?

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Turn off ads that pop up?

1. Turn off ads that pop up? - Similar Threads - Turn off ads

2. Ads and pop-up ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads and pop-up ads: How to block ads and pop up ads in windows 11 laptop in chrome browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-and-pop-up-ads/7b63c970-ab0e-444b-8b2d-991e838e51f8
  3. Ads and pop-up ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads and pop-up ads: How to block ads and pop up ads in windows 11 laptop in chrome browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-and-pop-up-ads/7b63c970-ab0e-444b-8b2d-991e838e51f8
  4. Pop-up Ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up Ads: Why are ads suddenly popping up while I am playing Microsoft Solitaire , they have never popped up before , now you are bugging me to buy pop-up blockers to ads YOU are generating , If this continues I will not use Microsoft Games again ....
  5. Turn Off Pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn Off Pop ups: how do i turn off "pop up blocker" so I can download some pictures? [Original Title: Pop ups] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-pop-ups/f2406c90-371f-48b1-aa30-6f47c39db3b3
  6. pop up ads

pop up ads: best way to stop pop ups. Pop up blocker is engaged and set on high screen. Ads trigger into view when accessing any website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-ads/b84ea5e9-e0ac-4994-b49d-6ef470c11b2d"
  7. Pop up ads

Pop up ads: How do I stop pop up adds coming to my screen when I am working on something. They started to arrive with my last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-ads/faf312f3-e07b-45f5-92bf-3125517f643a"
  8. How do I turn off these effing pop-up ads?

How do I turn off these effing pop-up ads?: Why is windows interrupting my movies/games/work/communication with popup ads for weight loss??? Can someone tell me how to get rid of this? Can the person who came up with the effing idea be publicly crucified? [ATTACH]...
  9. Ads pop-up

Ads pop-up: Hi, pls I need your help; ads keeps popping up on my screen and I think it has to do something about browser but I tried to locate the app and uninstall it but didn't find anything. Any advice? 70806
  10. Pop-up ads

in Browsers and Email
    Pop-up ads: Those pop-up ads are getting more frequent and many times there are more that one on each page. I shut one down and another will pop up. Then with all those things loading it slows everything down. I'm sure that most of you have the same problem. This is what I have been...