Windows 10: turn off antivirus protection

Discus and support turn off antivirus protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I turn off virus and threat protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JulieStiltner, Mar 12, 2019.

1. turn off antivirus protection

How do I turn off virus and threat protection

:)

JulieStiltner, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Real Time protection couldn't be turned on (error)

Hi,

We would like to know if you're turning on the Real time Protection of Windows Defender. If so, do you have a third-party antivirus software installed? If you're using a third party antivirus, Windows Defender will be turned off to give way to the antivirus
    you want to use. We recommend uninstalling the third party antivirus program if you want to use Windows Defender.

If you're not using a third party antivirus software, kindly answer the questions below for us to better assist you on your concern:

• When did you notice that you're unable to turn on the Real time Protection of Windows Defender?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer before encountering the issue?
    • What is the exact error code and error message that you're getting when turning on the Real time Protection of Windows Defender? We suggest posting a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

turn off antivirus protection

How do I turn on Virus Protection?

Hi Wayne,

Turning on the Windows Defender's real-time protection, you can follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then click the Real-time protection
      on or off.

If you can't turn it on, you should be able to see the description why beside real-time protection. It could be because you have another antivirus program running on your computer.

Let us know if you were able to turn it on.

Erika Aro, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

turn off antivirus protection

1. turn off antivirus protection - Similar Threads - turn off antivirus

2. i want to turn off my real time protection on windows antivirus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to turn off my real time protection on windows antivirus.: but, the button wasnt can switch. how can i do tht? the teks said "this setting is managed by yours administrator" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-turn-off-my-real-time-protection-on/72448466-4f47-41ea-98d0-c04a61a25e7a
  3. i want to turn off my real time protection on windows antivirus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to turn off my real time protection on windows antivirus.: but, the button wasnt can switch. how can i do tht? the teks said "this setting is managed by yours administrator" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-turn-off-my-real-time-protection-on/72448466-4f47-41ea-98d0-c04a61a25e7a
  4. Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up: I look to windows security settings > security providers > antivirus. And there's a notice "microsoft defender antivirus is turned off". when i check to my Virus and threat protection, there's no uncheck option all green checked. It's not only virus a threat protection,...
  5. Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I am unable to turn off Real-time protection (or any other settings ie Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic sample submission, etc) in Microsoft Defender Antivirus. When I click the toggle button to turn it from On to Off, it quickly reverts back to the On position. The...
  6. How to turn on window defender antivirus protection

How to turn on window defender antivirus protection: Hi there, I was trying to turn on the window defender antivirus protection on window 10. I went into service under administrative too and tried to start the antivirus protection but with an error message 577 saying: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this...
  7. Antivirus always turned off

Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  8. Antivirus always turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  9. Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.

Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.: I have windows 10 and I got a message to turn on Windows Antivirus and threat protection. I went to my settings and it won't let me turn it on. It says this is run by my organization. I don't have an organization. I downloaded and ran the Microsoft malicious removal tool it...
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...