Windows 10: Turn off auto-brightness adaption for camera during video calls from web-browser

Discus and support Turn off auto-brightness adaption for camera during video calls from web-browser in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the problem that if there is any back light, the camera completely under-exposes the video, so nobody can see me. This happens using video calls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by felixschroeder, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Turn off auto-brightness adaption for camera during video calls from web-browser

I have the problem that if there is any back light, the camera completely under-exposes the video, so nobody can see me. This happens using video calls from within Chrome browser.

There must be a way to override the auto brightness function of the camera??

:)

felixschroeder, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Logan-0 Win User

How to turn off adaptive brightness?

Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago.

The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked.

• I've updated the graphics driver
    • rolled back said driver
    • tried looking in the BIOS (which there are no brightness settings anyway)
    • restarted the laptop
    • shut down and turned on the laptop
    • gone into power settings and turned off adaptive brightness On Battery and Plugged In
    • tried downloading a new graphics driver
    • looked into windows settings with no checkmark to disable adaptive brightness
    • turned on high video performance
    • tried to find Adaptive Brightness in services and disable it (it didn't seem to exist)
    almost everything I've seen but none have helped. the laptop is for work and entertainment and I'd like to use it at full brightness most of the time, please help.

Thank you in advance.

Logan-0, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    Distorted Video and Web Cam~~

Hi Nina,

There could be a number of factors causing video and web camera display issues so we'll need to get more information. Kindly answer the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Have you tried using other browsers to see if the same issue persists?
    • Does it also affect other video hosting websites? We suggest trying other video hosting websites in different browsers to compare their performance.

In most cases, issues with video and web camera display are caused by not installing the latest video drivers for your device. Depending on your device model, you'll need to go to your device manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers.
    We suggest that you do that first.

We'll be waiting for your response. Don't hesitate to post back with additional information if necessary.

Dice Vil, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Turn off auto-brightness adaption for camera during video calls from web-browser

Paul Black, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Turn off auto-brightness adaption for camera during video calls from web-browser

1. Turn off auto-brightness adaption for camera during video calls from web-browser - Similar Threads - Turn off auto

2. Is it possible to turn off the auto brightness of my CAMERA not screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to turn off the auto brightness of my CAMERA not screen?: I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.In Zoom, Google Classroom, Webex Meetings and Microsoft Meetings, the auto brightness of my webcam get WAAAAY brighter...
  3. Is it possible to turn off the auto brightness of my CAMERA not screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to turn off the auto brightness of my CAMERA not screen?: I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.I do not need help changing my monitor's brightness.In Zoom, Google Classroom, Webex Meetings and Microsoft Meetings, the auto brightness of my webcam get WAAAAY brighter...
  4. Bluetooth headphones turn off during video calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones turn off during video calls: Hello!I use the Bose QuietComfort 35 II as my main headphones, and often connect them to my Surface Laptop first gen. This generates two profiles: Stereo for listening only and Hands Free which engages the microphone and allows for pass-through audio.The Stereo profile works...
  5. No option to turn off Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to turn off Auto Brightness: [ATTACH] I just bought a new Lenovo 9i laptop and its great. Unfortunately, when I go into Display Settings, there is no box to disable auto brightness. I then went into Advance Power Options and there is no option to disable it there either. Is this normal? The Lenovo...
  6. Turning off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  7. Webcam turns off automatically during meetings, video calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam turns off automatically during meetings, video calls: Hey all, I have an ASUS UX334FX laptop that I've been using for a time now. During the last months, I've started having problems with the integrated webcam. During zoom meetings or skype calls or in any app that uses the webcam for that matter, my webcam stops working...
  8. Camera Doesn't Turn Off After Video Calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Doesn't Turn Off After Video Calls: Hello, I have a Microsoft LifeCam running on Windows 10. Whenever the camera is on, a blue light is activated on it. Any time I finish a call on Skype/Teams/GoToMeeting the camera says on - the blue light stays on. I have to launch the camera utility and exit it to get the...
  9. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....
  10. auto web browser on startup, I wish to turn it off

auto web browser on startup, I wish to turn it off: A web browser opens up at the top of my screen on startup, I wish to turn this off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-web-browser-on-startup-i-wish-to-turn-it-off/0b01fe58-c1dd-4a33-8e27-a80c59620d6b