Windows 10: Turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search

Discus and support Turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW can we turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeMcMike, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search

HOW can we turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search?

:)

MikeMcMike, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 2, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search

search dosn't work on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the
    Search and Indexing feature of Windows 10. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “ENTER”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Search and Indexing”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Method 2

I suggest you to rebuild search index. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X and click on Control Panel.
    • From the Control Panel window select Indexing Options.
    • Click the Advanced button. Note: access to this option requires the PC administrator's permissions.
    • Select Rebuild. Selecting Rebuild will begin the process of deleting and then rebuilding your PC's search index, remember this is a time consuming process.
    Method 3

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search

1. Turn off automatic Internet search in Windows 10 Search - Similar Threads - Turn off automatic

2. How to turn off Search Highlights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Search Highlights in Windows 10: Microsoft recently improved the Search feature on Windows 10 by introducing Search Highlights. With Search Highlights, the Window would periodically update with new content, centred around you i.e. happening online, around you and your organization. This includes fun...
  3. How to turn off Search Highlights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off Search Highlights in Windows 10: Microsoft recently improved the Search feature on Windows 10 by introducing Search Highlights. With Search Highlights, the Window would periodically update with new content, centred around you i.e. happening online, around you and your organization. This includes fun...
  4. How to turn off search highlights in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off search highlights in Windows 10?: After a recent Windows update, my search bar looks ugly:The "Yellowstone National Park" text and that image is annoying. How do I disable them?This is how it previously looked:...
  5. How to turn off search highlights in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off search highlights in Windows 10?: After a recent Windows update, my search bar looks ugly:The "Yellowstone National Park" text and that image is annoying. How do I disable them?This is how it previously looked:...
  6. How to turn off search highlights in Windows 10?

7. Turning off start menu internet search

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off start menu internet search: I finally got around to backing up my original dell image, and installing a clean Windows Pro image from Microsoft instead (been meaning to do it for a while). Dell didn't even originally give me the correct language version of Windows for my laptop, a minor annoyance but it...
  8. How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search: Hey all! Forewarning, I don't know the technical name of this feature which has made it super hard to try and fix. Currently, when I search in the File Explorer it makes me press a little right-pointing arrow before it actually searches. I'm used to typing in the word and...
  9. windows search service is turned off

windows search service is turned off: search performance will be impacted. How do I turn it back on? Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-service-is-turned-off/96286bb5-cb49-4b64-a425-7d31c462b036
  10. Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Device and Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock...