Windows 10: Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive

Discus and support Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; According to this support entry, I should see a "stop backup" option under the items OneDrive is trying to backup. I do not. Instead I see an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HappyMommy77, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive

According to this support entry, I should see a "stop backup" option under the items OneDrive is trying to backup. I do not. Instead I see an error because ultimately what its trying to backup is too large. How can I get OneDrive to stop trying to do so, while still retaining the ability to manually use OneDrive? Thanks in advance!

:)

HappyMommy77, Feb 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 16, 2021
  3. kernrsn Win User
    W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Feb 16, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive

1. Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive - Similar Threads - Turn off Backup

2. Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.: I am trying to get rid of Onedrive but it seems mission imposible. Everytime I log in in my pc I am the only user I see the onedrive folder appearing in C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive no matter how many times I delete it. I've also clicked the gear icon>Settings>Back Up tab and...
  3. Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.: I am trying to get rid of Onedrive but it seems mission imposible. Everytime I log in in my pc I am the only user I see the onedrive folder appearing in C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive no matter how many times I delete it. I've also clicked the gear icon>Settings>Back Up tab and...
  4. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  5. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  6. Missing files after turning off OneDrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files after turning off OneDrive backup: When I turned off backup in OneDrive, most files went missing. I've tried to disable "Files On-Demand" thinking it would fix the problem, but it hasn't. There are even other people that need help with this problem, and I'm trying to give them a solution, too. Please help...
  7. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  8. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  9. Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10 How Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup for Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders in Windows 10 OneDrive is free online storage that comes with your Microsoft account. Save your files...
  10. Turn on/off features blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn on/off features blank: Hi all, really stumped on this one device is a windows 10 surface tablet (LTSB), that was working fine on a domain. Linked to a WSUS, and has sccm installed. I went into windows turn windows features on and off and enabled asp.net 4.5 or was it 4.6 and rebooted, now...