Windows 10: Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?

Discus and support Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I turned off the bluetooth discoverable option in the bluetooth settings, but I can still discover it tested with my phone. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Crappysauce, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?

Hi,

I turned off the bluetooth discoverable option in the bluetooth settings, but I can still discover it tested with my phone. Is there a way to actually disable discovery so other people can't see my laptop?

Here are screenshots of my settings:

Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery? 88884211-4bcd-48d7-be86-d5671f13ffff?upload=true.png

Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery? 3d6a5a38-fc1f-4842-bff4-91bd44bb7b8e?upload=true.png

I know bluetooth is generally safe, but I would like to have the extra piece of mind knowing that people can't see my bluetooth.

:)

Crappysauce, Feb 7, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Feb 7, 2020
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?

Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?

1. Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery? - Similar Threads - Turn Off Bluetooth

2. Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?: Hi,On Windows 11 I've unticked the below option to "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC", but everytime I close my settings and go back into it, it resets and the box is then ticked again as shown below.Is there any way to permanently turn off this feature off so that...
  3. Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?: Hi,On Windows 11 I've unticked the below option to "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC", but everytime I close my settings and go back into it, it resets and the box is then ticked again as shown below.Is there any way to permanently turn off this feature off so that...
  4. Network Discovery is turned off...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery is turned off...: One of my mini PC's a Beelink U55 kept getting this error msg stating that the network discovery is turned off, and I would lose connection to my NAS. However when checking network discovery in Advanced sharing settings, it was still turned on. I had researched several...
  5. network discovery is turned off.

network discovery is turned off.: I have the message "network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visable. Please turn on network discovery in Network and sharing Centre". How do I do this?...
  6. network discovery turned off message

in Windows 10 Customization
    network discovery turned off message: Why would I turn ON network discovery? I am sole user of this computer, connected to nothing except a mouse and a printer...no other computer. Surely the smart tv is not included in network discovery settings? The message suddenly popped up a moment ago so would be pleased...
  7. Message received: network discovery turned off

Message received: network discovery turned off: I am the sole user of a single pc, not connected to other pcs. Connected to printer and smart Tv. My pc turned itself on during the night, displayed this message: "Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change in Network...
  8. Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When connected in the same network as other devices, you can share the files and settings of your Windows 10 computer with the other connected […] This article Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  9. Network Discovery turning off

Network Discovery turning off: I am a Windows Admin and there is a user who is using a Dell 5530 Laptop running Win10 Pro 10.0.17763. She has access to domain network shared files. When she has the shared files open and the computer locks up, after a length of time and unlocks the computer, the files are...
  10. Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10 By default, the first time you connect to a new network (wired or wireless), you will be prompted "Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 bluetooth disable discovery