Windows 10: Turn Off Button

Discus and support Turn Off Button in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GeorgeHarold, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Turn Off Button

I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by a key tap or a mouse movement but when I hold the power button it shuts the computer down, or in my preferred case making it hibernate. Off-Topic: Does anybody know how to make it so when a app is at fullscreen it acts like a desktop and can be passed by with CTRL + Windows+ Left Arrow/Right Arrow.

:)

GeorgeHarold, Feb 13, 2022

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Feb 13, 2022
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Feb 13, 2022
  4. pigulici Win User

Turn Off Button

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Feb 13, 2022
Thema:

Turn Off Button

1. Turn Off Button - Similar Threads - Turn Off Button

2. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  3. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  4. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Button: I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by a key tap or a mouse movement but when I hold the power button it shuts the computer down, or in my preferred case making it...
  5. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Off Button: I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by a key tap or a mouse movement but when I hold the power button it shuts the computer down, or in my preferred case making it...
  6. Bluetooth turn on/off button gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth turn on/off button gone: I have a dell g3 15 3590. I have been using Bluetooth since the day I got this computer. I bought a wireless mouse the other day and I used both the mouse and my headphones at the same time just fine. Today when I went to connect my headphones, the Bluetooth on/off button is...
  7. there is no button to turn on and off the bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is no button to turn on and off the bluetooth: there is something wrong with my device the button used to turn on and off the bluetooth is missing . a few days earlier the same thing happened to my brightness control , with was resolved when i restarted the device but this time i restarted it three times and is still not...
  8. settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...: Hi, In Windows 10, settings, turn system icon on off, the power button is not functional it is turned off permanently, please help, cannot put battery icon on my taskbar...
  9. There's no on/off button to turn on Bluetooth

There's no on/off button to turn on Bluetooth: There's no on/off button to turn on Bluetooth. [ATTACH] Checked in Device Manager, Bluetooth is not there. Looked in the hidden folders, bluetooth is there. Screenshot is below. [ATTACH] I read in the internet that I should uninstall Bluetooth related packages and...
  10. Turned off bluetooth, now the button is gone.

Turned off bluetooth, now the button is gone.: I bought a Bluetooth dongle (ZEXMTE), worked as I needed, but then I turn off Bluetooth under devices, and now I cannot get it to turn back on. [img] [img] Ive ran the troubleshooter The device shows up under device manager (when I unplug and plug it in, it plays the...