Windows 10: Turn off Cloud-Based Protection

Discus and support Turn off Cloud-Based Protection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I'm trying to turn off the cloud-based protection but it's grey and i cant turn it off. Someone knows how ? Thanks ? 35787 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yutyo6, Dec 30, 2015.

1. yutyo6 Win User

Turn off Cloud-Based Protection

Hi.
    I'm trying to turn off the cloud-based protection but it's grey and i cant turn it off.

Someone knows how ?

Thanks ?

:)

yutyo6, Dec 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 taskbar and start menu are not working.

Just Now I've found the solution of working back Taskbar and start menu. Solution is as below:

Press Windows Key+I from the keypad -> Settings will be Opened.

Click on Update & Security from the bottom-right.

Click on WIndows Defender.

Make Sure on Windows Defender 'CLOUD-based PROTECTION' is turned off (by default it's on after updating).

Once the 'CLOUD-based PROTECTION' is turned off Taskbar and Start Menu are back to live again. All will be workable after turning off 'CLOUD-based PROTECTION' from the Windows Defender.

Enjoy Win10 OS.

NiteshBarua, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Turning off Windows Defender

I am installing a new app on my computer, but I need to turn off Windows Defender Cloud Based Protection. I have gone to the settings, but the on/off switches are grayed out. Any tips on how to turn it off?

Moved from Windows

Kathrien Lee, Dec 30, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, if you have a third party AV program installed, switch off that and see whether you get the option to switch off cloud based protection.

brummyfan, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn off Cloud-Based Protection - Similar Threads - Turn off Cloud

2. turn off cloud storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off cloud storage: How can I stop One drive storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-cloud-storage/1090baee-cb62-4aeb-b502-50463b850bba
  3. turn off cloud storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off cloud storage: How can I stop One drive storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-cloud-storage/1090baee-cb62-4aeb-b502-50463b850bba
  4. Defender: turn off Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission off permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender: turn off Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission off permanently: On this Windows 10 machine 10.0.19045 Build 19045 after every bigger update, Windows Security warns me that "Cloud-Delivered Protection" and "Automatic Sample Submission" are not enabled:And I intentionally turn them off and need to provide the Administrator password when...
  5. Defender: turn off Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission off permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender: turn off Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission off permanently: On this Windows 10 machine 10.0.19045 Build 19045 after every bigger update, Windows Security warns me that "Cloud-Delivered Protection" and "Automatic Sample Submission" are not enabled:And I intentionally turn them off and need to provide the Administrator password when...
  6. This setting is managed by your administrator, cloud-based protection off and greyed out

This setting is managed by your administrator, cloud-based protection off and greyed out: I recently installed a few programs and later noticed there was a change in the browsers I use, chrome and edge, all my searches were redirected through an engine visible as mg.search.co. I reset both chrome and edge and removed the search engine from edge. I ran scans...
  7. Microsoft Defender cloud based protection.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Defender cloud based protection.: Does it really provide instant and strong action against threats or just it keeps using ram and cpu? I am suffering from ram usage with this defender app and I disabled the automatic sample option. Then I noticed that there is a cloud based security option too. Will turning...
  8. Cloud-delivered protection keeps turning off

Cloud-delivered protection keeps turning off: Why does my Cloud-delivered protection keeps turning off? Every few minutes, it turns off even when I turn it on.. How can I permanently turn it on? can a virus cause this? How can I remove the virus that is causing this?...
  9. Reputation based protection turned off

Reputation based protection turned off: Dear Support, I had an security intelligence update just a little ago and since i had my PC running already the full day, i decided to restart my computer to clean up some unnecessary running files, as i usually do. But after the restart, my windows defender showed a...
  10. Reputation Based Protection randomly turned off.

Reputation Based Protection randomly turned off.: So I was away from my computer for maybe a good 30 minutes to do something really quick. When I get back next thing I know I get a notification telling me that I should turn on reputation based protection. I went to my event logger and found these 3 things. Does this normally...