Windows 10: Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

Discus and support Turn off computer after hours of inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I want to know if it is possible to create a local active directory policy on a computer that will shut it off not sleep mode setting after given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by unubi, Jan 28, 2020.

1. unubi Win User

Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to create a local active directory policy on a computer that will shut it off not sleep mode setting after given hours of inactivity.

N:B: I want to implement this policy on a local device and hope it will not affect other computers in a company's domain.

:)

unubi, Jan 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 puts computer to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 shuts down the display and puts my computer to sleep after just a few minutes (2 to 3) of inactivity. I have the power and sleep settings on 1 hour for both battery and plugged in. Any suggestions to keep the computer running?

DanBaechle, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Windows10 Update Inactivity

• Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup goes beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps.
    • Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 10 seconds
    • If you are using a laptop, remove the battery if the option is available.
    • Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet and/or turn off Wi-Fi).
    • Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer.
    • See if it completes the update

Andre Da Costa, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

New phone won't turn on after inactivity.

When my new phone is inactive for a few hours, the only way to turn it back on is to remove and reinsert the battery. Am I doing something wrong or is the phone defective?

Craig2013007, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

1. Turn off computer after hours of inactivity - Similar Threads - Turn off computer

2. Internet turns off after a few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet turns off after a few hours: After a few hours of being away from my laptop, the internet on it turns off completely and doesn't turn back on unless I restart my device. I've had this same problem in the past with this same laptop, but the old solution with the unchecking boxes doesn't work as they are...
  3. Internet turns off after a few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet turns off after a few hours: After a few hours of being away from my laptop, the internet on it turns off completely and doesn't turn back on unless I restart my device. I've had this same problem in the past with this same laptop, but the old solution with the unchecking boxes doesn't work as they are...
  4. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  5. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  6. Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?: Hi there! Currently I have 2 display that I use for work in WFH and I would like for one of display to turn off if I’m not at the computer after 10 minutes but want the keep the other one ON forever. Is this achievable? Thanks! submitted by /u/Grapeflavor_ [link]...
  7. The computer turns off after a period of two hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The computer turns off after a period of two hours: There is a problem that haunts me, which is that the computer shuts down after a specific period of time, which is two hours it turns off and does not even appear even the logo of turning off the computer such as a power outage from the computer suddenly, at first I thought...
  8. Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity: I have recently upgraded my laptop to Win 10 Pro N 20 H2, since then, I have been experiencing a new problem with my microphone. I didn't have any issue with the previous version of win 10. I don't hear in microphone unless I unplug it or from the DTS sound+ I disable "...
  9. After upgrade monitor no longer will turn off fully after inactivity

After upgrade monitor no longer will turn off fully after inactivity: I recently upgraded my mobo & cpu. I didn't reinstall windows I just installed the mobo drivers. I have an nvidia video card that I use for my monitor. The issue is that when my PC sits for awhile I want the monitor to turn off. The monitor will turn off for a split...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...