Windows 10: Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition

Discus and support Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Anniversary version. Ho do I turn off Cortana in my Anniversary Edition ? Tks 64362 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sportflyer, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition

Just upgraded to Anniversary version. Ho do I turn off Cortana in my Anniversary Edition ? Tks

:)

sportflyer, Sep 20, 2016

2. Turn off Cortana

Dear Kristine Ver / Microsoft,

Please help me here. I'd like to turn Cortana off completely. Is it true that I cannot? I really want my computer back, I never intended to have to deal with Cortana when I bought this Win8 machine.
    Ihave spent the last hour and a half trying to turn off all your defaulted permissions and shut off Cortana. It is a bit annoying that I had already a few months ago spent similar time to shut it (Cortana) down only to find it suddenly turned on and asking
    me inane questions.

The question from yanky_932 was:

"How can I turn off Cortana on Windows 10?"

The reply was:

Quoted directly from the link in your reply (emphasis added):

"With the Windows Anniversary update, Cortana is ingrained into the Windows experience in the locales where she is available. This means
    CORTANA CANNOT BE TURNED OFF. You can use Cortana settings to control exactly what Cortana has access to and how personalized you'd like her assistance to be.

• Note: Cortana is removed from the Windows 10 Education and Windows 10 Pro Education editions. See KB
      for more info on these editions."
    • -support.microsoft.com
    • Is it true Cortana cannot be turned off?
    • Thank you for your assistance with my query.

feddbackandreply101, Sep 20, 2016
  3. ick1996 Win User
    Cortana no longer works after Anniversary update

Since the Anniversary update Cortana no longer works. It just searches like it would when I have cortana turned off and I see no way to turn it back on. Is this a common bug and is there a way to fix it?

ick1996, Sep 20, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition

OldMike65, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition

1. Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition - Similar Threads - Turn off Cortana

2. turn off cortana

in Cortana
    turn off cortana: Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903...
  3. Turn off or uninstall Cortana

in Cortana
    Turn off or uninstall Cortana: MS keeps telling me I can't uninstall or permanently disable Cortana - an application I do not need, never asked to install. But even if I tell it to go be quiet and stop trying to interfere in my life, sooner or later it pops up in the middle of working on something,...
  4. Turn off cortana in windows 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off cortana in windows 1803: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  5. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  6. Cortana Can Not Be Turned Off In The Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Can Not Be Turned Off In The Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Microsoft has removed the option to disable Cortana in the upcoming Windows 10 anniversary update. [img] Not that much more to be said really. For Windows 10 Pro users it seems like it will be possible to disable Cortana using a group policy (and home users will be able...
  7. turn off cortana

turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  8. Turning off Cortana W10 Home (anniversary edition)

Turning off Cortana W10 Home (anniversary edition): Hi, As you can tell from the title this is a case of disabling Cortana for Windows 10 Home anniversary edition. This problem isn't as simple as it sounds. I recently posted a issue I had with my microphone specifically, and the fix for this I have just found is to disable...
  9. Turn Cortana off without disabling it?

Turn Cortana off without disabling it?: Hi All, I've had so much useful info from this site over the last 7 months as I've been playing with win 10 but this is my first post so I apologise if it's on the wrong board. I'm trying to find out whether it is possible to turn Cortana on or off via Group Policy or...
  10. Turn off Cortana

Turn off Cortana: I want to turn off Cortana but it is not listed in the Local Group Policy. 104369