Windows 10: turn off cortana

Discus and support turn off cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by klaro 1590, Jul 3, 2019.

1. turn off cortana

Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903

:)

klaro 1590, Jul 3, 2019

2. Turning Cortana Back On

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens when you try to turn it on?
    • Do you get any error message when your trying to turn it on?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer after you turned Cortana Off?

For now, I would suggest that follow the steps below and check if you are able to start Cortana.

• Go Settings, Time & Language, Speech, Speech, inking, & typing
      privacy settings.
    • Get to know me - turns Cortana on

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

turn off cortana

Can't turn on Cortanas mic

Hi Will,

Wrong configuration settings may be one of the possible reason why you're unable to enable Cortana's microphone. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to turn on Cortana's microphone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Rasec_007 on this
    thread on how to enable the Cortana's microphone.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

turn off cortana

1. turn off cortana - Similar Threads - turn off cortana

2. Cortana turned off but still keeps popping on.

in Cortana
    Cortana turned off but still keeps popping on.: Cortana is turned off. Microsoft told me it can't be taken out of my pc since it is built in. Told me that if turned off, can not come on at all. Next day problem with it coming on that I had complained about, before it was turned off. So it has been coming on, yes is still...
  3. Turn off or uninstall Cortana

in Cortana
    Turn off or uninstall Cortana: MS keeps telling me I can't uninstall or permanently disable Cortana - an application I do not need, never asked to install. But even if I tell it to go be quiet and stop trying to interfere in my life, sooner or later it pops up in the middle of working on something,...
  4. Why can't I turn off Cortana?

in Cortana
    Why can't I turn off Cortana?: I have no use case for Cortana. I have no interest in Cortana. Cortana is merely a drain on my battery. Cortana also isn't available in all locations. It literally makes no sense to me why you won't allow users to just remove it....
  5. Turn off cortana in windows 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off cortana in windows 1803: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  6. Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition: Just upgraded to Anniversary version. Ho do I turn off Cortana in my Anniversary Edition ? Tks 64362
  7. turn off cortana

turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  8. How To Disable & Turn Off Cortana

How To Disable & Turn Off Cortana: Hello, so I use an alternate interface for my Start Button and don't have Search on my TaskBar; I use the app called Classic Shell. Its search option doesn't use Cortana and I like it more because of how simple and quick it is. So I attempted to disable Cortana this...
  9. Turn Cortana off without disabling it?

Turn Cortana off without disabling it?: Hi All, I've had so much useful info from this site over the last 7 months as I've been playing with win 10 but this is my first post so I apologise if it's on the wrong board. I'm trying to find out whether it is possible to turn Cortana on or off via Group Policy or...
  10. Turn off Cortana

Turn off Cortana: I want to turn off Cortana but it is not listed in the Local Group Policy. 104369

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1903 wsearch is disabled