Windows 10: Turn off Display is grayed out

Discus and support Turn off Display is grayed out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I would like to change to never off the display setting of our desktop. But we cannot change. See the sample picturelaptop for your reference.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bryanqatar, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Turn off Display is grayed out

Turn off Display is grayed out 018d05c8-18c3-4c8a-a9c1-aec62dc56ec4?upload=true.png I would like to change to never off the display setting of our desktop.

But we cannot change. See the sample picturelaptop for your reference. The computer is in domain.

We change already in GPO but still not working.

:)

bryanqatar, Apr 18, 2020

2. windows 10 rotation lock grayed out

Hi David,

The option may have grayed out due to a recent update or change that was done on your computer. As our initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you set your computer to Portrait mode by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Select System, and then Display.
    • Under the Orientation option, select Portrait.
    • The rotation lock should be clickable after following these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Apr 18, 2020
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Apr 18, 2020
  4. Turn off Display is grayed out

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Turn off Display is grayed out

1. Turn off Display is grayed out - Similar Threads - Turn off Display

2. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware protection off and button grayed out: I enabled firmware protection via Group Policy editor, but when I went to windows security the firmware protection button was off and grayed out with a message "This setting is managed by your administrator."I want the fix and turn on Firmware protection...
  3. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware protection off and button grayed out: I enabled firmware protection via Group Policy editor, but when I went to windows security the firmware protection button was off and grayed out with a message "This setting is managed by your administrator."I want the fix and turn on Firmware protection...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  5. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  6. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Touchpad won't turn off. Disable feature is grayed out?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad won't turn off. Disable feature is grayed out?: Hello! I've been trying to turn off my touchpad because it gets in the way of my typing. It often causes me to make errors of which I have to spend more time fixing than actually typing. I have consulted several different sites and even checked on the Microsoft forum for this...
  8. the display orientation drop down is grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    the display orientation drop down is grayed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] so i just connected my second monitor and wanted to use it in portrait mode but i cant select it because the display orientation drop down is grayed out and i don't know why, i tried updating the graphics drivers but it didn't work and i cant even find the...
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...