Windows 10: Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

Discus and support Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kharrisma, Mar 9, 2022.

1. kharrisma Win User

Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any media player, apparently, as I do NOT use Windows Media Player, I use VLC Media Player, and whatever video was last watched, any time I turn on the sound... and there's this announcement of what I last watched, like it or not. As far as I'm concerned, this is a violation of my privacy!HOW do I go about turning this unasked-for "feature" OFF? I don't want to know how to clear the history, I want to turn it off, because clearing the history j

:)

kharrisma, Mar 9, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

Verna,

But you did not look at that tutorial's list of related tutorials for all the other
    Add or Remove ... from Power Options - TenForumsTutorials
    ones. That's what I suggested. The link to that particular tutorial was just a way in to the set of them.

Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just... [​IMG]

And you'll find even more of the set by searching the list of tutorials.

Denis

Try3, Mar 9, 2022
  3. Turn media player on

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to turn on the Windows media player?
    • What are you referring to "turn on media player for FM"?
    • Are you trying to rip the Disk?
    Please post to us with exact issue with more clarity of the issue you are facing to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 9, 2022
  4. RS-Z28 Win User

Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

(Windows 10) How do I turn OFF the sounds with every notification?

As I mentioned earlier, there are many notification settings. But I believe Auto play is for inserted media.

I believe you would select mail in the list and turn OFF notifications, or just turn sound OFF only.

And select audio in the list and turn OFF Audio, or just turn sound OFF only.

And then see if News is in the list and do the same

RS-Z28, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just... - Similar Threads - Turn OFF displaying

2. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  3. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...: Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any media player, apparently, as I do NOT use Windows Media Player, I use VLC Media Player, and whatever video was last watched,...
  6. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...: Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any media player, apparently, as I do NOT use Windows Media Player, I use VLC Media Player, and whatever video was last watched,...
  7. When I turn off the computer, it will auto-start. Why , Sometimes I just turn off the...

When I turn off the computer, it will auto-start. Why , Sometimes I just turn off the...: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-off-the-computer-it-will-auto-start/75bb4a69-c5fa-417e-adc2-ef07fb65c1d2
  8. Camera turns on and off when I play media...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera turns on and off when I play media...?: Whenever I'm using my computer to play media (Spotify, windows media player, VLC), my laptop's camera turns on, giving me the notification to say that it is on at the top left. When I pause the media, regardless of whether its a movie or just music, the camera turns off. Any...
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Display turns off

Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...