Windows 10: turn off driver download feature in W10 update screen

Discus and support turn off driver download feature in W10 update screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to turn off/disable the driver download feature in the W10 update screen so it doesn't download any driver updates. I on;y want Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arejfour, Aug 17, 2020.

1. arejfour Win User

turn off driver download feature in W10 update screen

I need to turn off/disable the driver download feature in the W10 update screen so it doesn't download any driver updates. I on;y want Windows updates.. Windows keeps wanting to install a problem driver. I don't remember how to do this. Thanks

:)

arejfour, Aug 17, 2020

2. Black Screen During Driver Update turn off driver download feature in W10 update screen :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Aug 17, 2020
  3. badbaddog Win User
    Asus Taichi 21 outer screen does not work

Mogyie, thanks for that. I gave my daughter a Taichi21 for Christmas and the Win8.1 update managed to trash it.

In Step 5 had to download BIOS 205 (TAICHI21A), 211 was rejected by WinFlash (downloaded in step 4).

I also had to download the Intel Graphics Driver from the VGA downloads. I had to run this after Step 9 to get the second screen to work.

You set me in the right direction, thanks.

badbaddog, Aug 17, 2020
  4. turn off driver download feature in W10 update screen

Windows 10 forced download

I've just installed W10Privacy, originally a german tool, now with english and french. The number of tracking services you need to turn off has to be seen to be believed. I didnt know W10 was essentially spyware until I loaded the utility. I just wanted to turn off automatic updating... do MS not understand that people that use their PCs for working DO NOT WANT their computers to automatically download in the background then force reboot WHILE YOU ARE WORKING... and then... the updates work with a blank screen... and you have no idea if the PC has crashed or not. I h8 W10.

Comparison of Windows 10 Privacy tools - gHacks Tech News is a good link to check your options. However, the list is already out of date... some of the features of each tool listed have already been expanded. But it is a great starting place to find utilities that you can use. I recommend turning everything off, or at least, as much as you feel comfortable turning off. I do hate the "radios" option... so if I turn it off (a global setting) then does my handsfree headset stop working... yes! But then every other app and malware also has access to radios. Grrr. Did I tell you already, I h8 W10?

lemonadesoda, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

turn off driver download feature in W10 update screen

1. turn off driver download feature in W10 update screen - Similar Threads - turn off driver

2. Regarding Turn off screen and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Turn off screen and Sleep feature: I have Lenovo Yoga C930 and C940, each using Windows 10 and Windows 11 fully up-to-date, so as their BIOS, and H/W drivers including Intel display graphics, etc. I already reached out to Lenovo, but they were unable to help.No matter what I tried, they all go to sleep...
  3. Regarding Turn off screen and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Turn off screen and Sleep feature: I have Lenovo Yoga C930 and C940, each using Windows 10 and Windows 11 fully up-to-date, so as their BIOS, and H/W drivers including Intel display graphics, etc. I already reached out to Lenovo, but they were unable to help.No matter what I tried, they all go to sleep...
  4. Regarding Turn off screen and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Turn Windows Features on or off?

Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  6. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  7. Turn on/off driver updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn on/off driver updates: Since MS took the Control Panel away in 20H2, where is this setting now ? It used to be Control Panel > Hardware 170023
  8. W10 laptop screen turns off

W10 laptop screen turns off: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with a fresh install of W10. Whenever I consume any hands-off content, like Youtube videos, my screen finds it appropriate to shut off on me. I am well aware that this is due to my battery saving settings that are set to make the screen...
  9. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  10. Turn on/off features blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn on/off features blank: Hi all, really stumped on this one device is a windows 10 surface tablet (LTSB), that was working fine on a domain. Linked to a WSUS, and has sccm installed. I went into windows turn windows features on and off and enabled asp.net 4.5 or was it 4.6 and rebooted, now...