Windows 10: Turn off ELAN touch pad when mouse attached on HP laptop with windows 10

Discus and support Turn off ELAN touch pad when mouse attached on HP laptop with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Need to disable touch pad while typing as the cursor moves with the slightest touch which is most annoying. Working solution for HP Notebook -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterLiepmann, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Turn off ELAN touch pad when mouse attached on HP laptop with windows 10

Need to disable touch pad while typing as the cursor moves with the slightest touch which is most annoying.

Working solution for HP Notebook - 17t-by000 CTO at https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...AN-Touchpad-Driver-How-can-I-get/td-p/6877870

This package provides the driver that enables the Elan Touchpad in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The driver enables general touchpad functionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides a user interface.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83924.exe

Despite being old, it worked for me. YMMV.

:)

PeterLiepmann, Oct 8, 2019
  2. atxanne Win User

Elan Touch Pad not Working.

My Toshiba S55t-B5152 touchscreen laptop is having the same issue with the Elan touchpad drivers. If I roll-back the Elan driver, the touch pad works (except for the scroll feature). But like skw111 said, windows insists on reinstalling the broken driver
    every time. Until a driver comes out that works, I guess I'll have to use a mouse Turn off ELAN touch pad when mouse attached on HP laptop with windows 10 :(

atxanne, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Elan touch pad

Hi William,

To disable tap-to-click function, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Mouse Settings.
    • Under Related Settings, select Additional Mouse Options.Click on the
      ELAN tab.
    • Click the Options button.
    • The first option should be Tapping.
    • Uncheck Enabled.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Turn off ELAN touch pad when mouse attached on HP laptop with windows 10

Elan touch pad and HP 17bs0xx laptop (Win 10)

Hi,

I have bought a new laptop for my mom. She prefers using the "real mouse" and does not want to accidentally press the touch pad. After some failures I managed to make the touch pad disabled as soon as she is logged in as herself.

However, before that, on the startup screen of Windows 10, the touch pad is still active.

Is there anyway to get it disabled by software also here or has it to be done in the BIOS?

Best regards,

Lars

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Lars Abrahamsson, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Turn off ELAN touch pad when mouse attached on HP laptop with windows 10

1. Turn off ELAN touch pad when mouse attached on HP laptop with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn off ELAN

2. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  3. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  4. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn on/off the Touch Pad when an optical mouse is attached

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn on/off the Touch Pad when an optical mouse is attached: I need help in being able to turn off my touch pad when I have an optical mouse attached. When you go the Touch Pad setting there isn't any box to turn it off when an optical or wired mouse is attached. At one time there was a box that you would check, now nothing. This was...
  6. F3 will not turn the touch pad off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F3 will not turn the touch pad off.: Since windows 10 was updated on 8-13-19 the F3 button will not turn the touch pad off on my laptop. How do I correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f3-will-not-turn-the-touch-pad-off/88add288-0a1b-4909-8228-04615bea1448
  7. Turn off touch pad on HP with windows 10

Turn off touch pad on HP with windows 10: I have looked online for answers to this questions. There are many, none of them seem to apply to my computer. I did have to reset the settings and it's since them that I can't shut it off...
  8. Turn off touch pad on HP laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off touch pad on HP laptop with windows 10: Need to disable touch pad while typing as the curser moves with the slightest touch which is most annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-touch-pad-on-hp-laptop-with-windows-10/e853f0ee-446b-4272-9711-521d7515e90f
  9. touch pad windows 10 how to turn off

touch pad windows 10 how to turn off: how do I turn off mouse pad for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-windows-10-how-to-turn-off/be94cb8a-f543-44e4-8116-1304598d62cb
  10. HP Laptop Touch Pad problem

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Touch Pad problem: I updated to 10 and fount that the slider bars on the touch pad don't work. The system doesn't have a mouse which it knows and shows a touch pad there and working but the sliders do not work. That am I doing wrong? 19567