Windows 10: Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019

Discus and support Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is still an issue??? I just got a notification from FACEBOOK on my WINDOWS 10 notifications. All notifications shut off in Win10. All... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JemFayCrystal, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019

This is still an issue???

I just got a notification from FACEBOOK on my WINDOWS 10 notifications. All notifications shut off in Win10. All notifications shut off in Facebook. Yet a popup telling me my "friend" has a birthday. I don't even have a facebook friend. But looky all a sudden I got this friend and his bday appearing in my PC ! MY PERSONAL COMPUTER !!!

I cannot express how creeped out I am right now. Invasive as a freaking virus. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. I am totally violated and enraged.

And I don't use Chrome I use Vilvaldi.

:)

JemFayCrystal, Apr 23, 2019

2. Turn off Facebook notifications in Windows 10

Hi Sara,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s check the settings if the notification option is turn on. Follow the below step.

• Type notification on the Windows search bar and select
      Turn app notification on or off.

• Click on Notification & action, check the settings, scroll the down mouse and turn off the Facebook notification.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Facebook Notifications and Live Tile Not Working

Hi Terry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Notifications and the Facebook Live Tile stopped", are you using Facebook app from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

If you are using Facebook app from Windows Store, then I suggest you to follow the methods below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter to check for any changes in app settings on the computer
    and turn on app notification.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to follow the steps below to turn on app notification and check if it helps.

Select Settings > System > Notifications & actions >
    Turn on Show app notifications.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with getting Facebook notifications, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019

Turn off Facebook notifications in Windows 10

I had the same issue with getting Facebook notifications in the bottom right hand side of my screen and in the notification sidebar, where I get my news alerts and others. I solved the issue from some of the information I found in this thread of questions
    and answers. Someone has posted a picture of the screen within Facebook that you need to make the change to in order for these annoying notifications to stop. However, the person that posted that Facebook screen picture did not tell you how to get to that
    screen. And, if you are not Facebook navigation savvy, you may need some assistance getting there. Here is your help to turn those notification off!

1) Open Facebook in your browser.

2) In the top right-hand side of the screen, you will see a tiny drop-down arrow, click on it.

3) In the drop-down menu that appeared, click on Settings (about 3/4 of the way down the list).

4) On the left-hand side of the screen, there is a menu; find Notifications and click on it (about in the middle of the menu).

5) Now in the middle of the screen, is a list of Notification Settings, and in the list is Desktop and Mobile, click on it.

6) Now, depending on where you getting the notifications (desktop, mobile, or maybe both) click on the gray button that says Turn Off.

Viola! Problem solved in 6 not too difficult steps. But, if you, like me, didn't know where to go before now, this issue was a pain !! I too was trying to turn off the notification within Windows, so I was finding nothing but frustrating dead ends.

I sure hope this helped!

MaryBethel, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019

1. Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019 - Similar Threads - Turn off Facebook

2. Facebook notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook notifications: Can I set notifications to be received from Facebook to be shown up in my notifications area? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-notifications/5d4af9cb-c373-4a73-a848-0468c5eb3692
  3. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  5. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to turn on/off notifications in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn on notifications for Nearby Sharing, but "Get Notifications from this apps" shows an almost empty list Windows 10 2004 Admin account Focus Assist: Off https://i.imgur.com/0XJMrBH.png Any help much welcome 171341
  7. Problem with Facebook since April 2019 forced updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Facebook since April 2019 forced updates: Since the updates a couple of days ago, when I open up Facebook, I have no newsfeed - only an invitation to join Facebook. I can see my personal timeline, but not the newsfeed where my friends have posted. So sick of problems after updates....
  8. Windows 10 Update April 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  9. Turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  10. Turn off certain windows 10 notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off certain windows 10 notifications: So when I turn on my computer I get the following notifications: 1) update adobe (no, dont want to) 2) activate OneDrive 3) update Kaspersky anti virus 4) turn on windows firewall 5) tips on saving battery power these are annoying. Is there a way to turn off certain...