Windows 10: turn off focus stealing

Discus and support turn off focus stealing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, how do i turn off focus stealing ? i have already in regedit under ForegroundLockTimeout set 30d40, but still when i am in game for example, pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Nov 21, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

turn off focus stealing

Hey,
    how do i turn off focus stealing ?
    i have already in regedit under ForegroundLockTimeout set 30d40, but still when i am in game for example, pop out windows steal focus and minimizes the game.
    I don't know about anything else.
    Is there any way how to turn this off.
    Thank you very much.

:)

empleat, Nov 21, 2018
  2. condabest Win User

Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing

This is a general inquiry about how to disable specific programs' ability to steal focus/move their windows to front in windows 10. There used to be a registry you could edit to disable this I believe, but was removed for Windows 7(?) and apparently editing it (I've read [1]) doesn't affect anything.

Is there some way to edit a program's permission's or the registry or another setting to prevent either all programs or select programs from stealing focus etc? (This is for programs that don't give you the option of turning it off in their settings.)

Thanks for the help turn off focus stealing :)

[1] Preventing applications from stealing focus

condabest, Nov 21, 2018
  3. IrvS Win User
    Random explorer.exe stealing focus

This was an upgrade over W8.1.

Only basically happens once, shortly after booting. Only time Thunderbird came to the front was when I was doing a reply. Otherwise I can't tell where the focus went.

I have WinPatrol running and it has the Startup list and other uses. There is nothing I can see that would even suggest that would be happening. McAfee Live Safe is my Security Suite and its scans find nothing. I've also run Hijack Hunter too.

I hope the FOCUS program will shed some light on this. The other program I needed to set the time limit for it to run but it never caught it.

4. turn off focus stealing

stealing focus while typing

Hi Valerie,

Losing focus on an app can happen if your touchpad is on high sensitivity. There are instances that we are engrossed in our writing to the point that we don't notice that our hands are near the touchpad and if it's set to high sensitivity, it can click on
    another app. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you try to change the sensitivity settings of your laptop to medium or low sensitivity and see if this issue still persists. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type Settings.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Change the sensitivity level.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

turn off focus stealing

1. turn off focus stealing - Similar Threads - turn off focus

2. Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing: This is a general inquiry about how to disable specific programs' ability to steal focus/move their windows to front in windows 10. There used to be a registry you could edit to disable this I believe, but was removed for Windows 7(?) and apparently editing it (I've read [1])...
  3. Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 programs steal focus, prevent?: Windows 10 programs steal focus, a way to prevent from doing? Also what is the point? Does it serve a good purpose that I just don't see? *Confused 55662
  4. Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus: I am currently running Windows 10 Home in Tablet Mode. Problem is, the Start Screen steals focus. For instance, let's say I write a new message in Thunderbird. After I post it, the message window is closed, but focus does not go back to the originating program. Start...
  5. Turning off "window focus follows mouse"

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off "window focus follows mouse": I was running Win 7 before the upgrade and I had the window focus setting to follow my mouse. In other words, I just needed to place my mouse in a window for it to be focused... no clicking necessary. There was a small delay in the focus and this worked well for me. I find in...
  6. Random explorer.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Random explorer.exe stealing focus: I installed Win 10 x64 Home the other day and since then I have had nothing but problems. At random, explorer.exe will steal focus from the active task (can be firefox, can be Word doesn't matter what it is) making the system almost unusable. Current Hardware specs:...
  7. Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10: How do I actually set the quiet hours? I want to set it from 10 pm to 7 am, but I cannot find the setting control to specify the time. 18273
  8. Windows Explorer stealing focus after done copying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer stealing focus after done copying: I'm recently upgraded form windows 7 to windows 10. I'm facing the annoying issue that windows explorer steals the application focus after it finishes copying files and comes to front. Can anyone tell me if there is any option to disable this behavior? 36350
  9. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: Update: Announcing updates to Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps 76639
  10. Can't click, Windows Search steals the window focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click, Windows Search steals the window focus: Can't click anything it happens often and randomly, after a lot of head banging I discovered killing Search.exe) using the keyboard) would solve the problem until it happened again. The behavior is as if another window is taking focus or if you're clicking on something...