Windows 10: Turn off folder view in Windows 10?

Discus and support Turn off folder view in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 7's file explorer, opting to sort files by date would show all files regardless of which subfolder they were located in. Since updating to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JP Fisher, Oct 1, 2020.

1. JP Fisher Win User

Turn off folder view in Windows 10?

In Windows 7's file explorer, opting to sort files by date would show all files regardless of which subfolder they were located in. Since updating to Windows 10, sorting files by date still shows only folders. Is there any way to change this to the way it functioned back in Windows 7?

:)

JP Fisher, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Turn off folder view in Windows 10?

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Turn off folder view in Windows 10?

1. Turn off folder view in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Turn off folder

2. How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Everybody with a Windows 10 computer would have noticed sometimes that the Windows operating […] This article How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. windows 10 folder view list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 folder view list: In windows 10 s it possible to list files in a folder something like this: filename.0000-1215.jpg rather than always listing all the individual files. I'm working with very large numbers of image files and it would be great to be able to just see the file name and the...
  4. Windows 10 Folders view different.....

Windows 10 Folders view different.....: I have a craptastic ton of music and 40-50 percent of them have a "white border" outline in them **** is causing this anybody know ?? on my last nerve [ATTACH] see picture...
  5. View of Downloads Folder Windows 10

View of Downloads Folder Windows 10: When I download a file I want to save it in my Downloads Folder. Lately I get a view of the files and subfolders based on when they were downloaded. I do not want this view. Never used to have this view. I just want to see the normal list of subfolders and files. I don't need...
  6. View of Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    View of Folders in Windows 10: Currently in Windows 10 I see Inbox. How do I add other Folders to the Home window ? Thanks, Lou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-of-folders-in-windows-10/1e054e1c-ee93-49a0-b545-a0be17cddc17
  7. Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Line Focus in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  8. Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  9. Turn On or Off Hover to Select Desktops in Task View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hover to Select Desktops in Task View in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hover to Select Desktops in Task View in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hover to Select Virtual Desktops in Task View in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps...
  10. Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 [img] Information The Public folders are a convenient way to share files on your computer. You can share files in the Public folders with other people...