Windows 10: Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?

Discus and support Turn off forced update of drivers through WU? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For me, one of the most annoying features of Windows 10 is the forced updates - unlike previous operating systems, you can't review the list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sparkinstx, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?

For me, one of the most annoying features of Windows 10 is the forced updates - unlike previous operating systems, you can't review the list of updates, and decide which ones you want to install. I've had driver updates through WU (Windows 7) screw up my machines before, and currently, I frequently (every week or two) get a touchpad update for a laptop I had running Insider Preview, which sets all the toughpad setting to defaults, including turning on tapping, which I hate (I then have to turn everything off again).

I know there is a tool, a troubleshooter, which can be used to hide updates:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

but it's not a proactive thing, and it's not the same. Is there a policy, or something else in 10, that can be enabled, to restore the functionality? I don't want to block OS updates to fix vulnerabilities, I just don't want MS overwriting my drivers.

:)

sparkinstx, Jul 29, 2015
  2. S-AYLWARD Win User

Fall Creators Update error on HDMI to TV

Hi Thanks this worked after they forced through update this morning...

S-AYLWARD, Jul 29, 2015
  3. dgeesio Win User
    How to stop Win 10 Home From Updating Nvidia Gpu Driver Creators Update

it is un-ticked.win 10 will still auto update nvidia driver through windows updates and monitor driver to a later driver.

this is on Win 10 home.people are being forced to use broken drivers because win 10 thinks they are better.

go on the Nvidia forums go see how many have these issues.its been going on for months now.

doesn't matter if you turn off or untick options on Win 10 home it still will update and put on the latest drivers.

dgeesio, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Brink, thanks for that post. Will that allow me to select which updates to install, or merely allow me to decide whether to install anything (on nothing)?

sparkinstx, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's just to let you decide to download and install all available updates.

You would need to hide any updates that you didn't want to install first.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?

1. Turn off forced update of drivers through WU? - Similar Threads - Turn off forced

2. KB5036980 not installing through WU or catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036980 not installing through WU or catalog: Tried to install KB5036980 today - update preview through both WU and then catalog as WU didn't work any other suggestions how to get the update to install?...
  3. KB5036980 not installing through WU or catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5036980 not installing through WU or catalog: Tried to install KB5036980 today - update preview through both WU and then catalog as WU didn't work any other suggestions how to get the update to install?...
  4. WU force update old AMD graphic driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU force update old AMD graphic driver: I have an IdeaPad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2. As of now, WU keeps pushing up an old version of the AMD graphic driver and it messes with the AMD Adrenalin app. If the update goes through then I will get an error message when opening the AMD Adrenalin app that the...
  5. WU force update old AMD graphic driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU force update old AMD graphic driver: I have an IdeaPad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2. As of now, WU keeps pushing up an old version of the AMD graphic driver and it messes with the AMD Adrenalin app. If the update goes through then I will get an error message when opening the AMD Adrenalin app that the...
  6. Turn on/off driver updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn on/off driver updates: Since MS took the Control Panel away in 20H2, where is this setting now ? It used to be Control Panel > Hardware 170023
  7. Drivers turning off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers turning off?: I've recently formatted my computerthis has happened in the past also and after about 10min of the computer being on my mouse, keyboard, and internet basically everything plugged in usb turns off and I have to restart my computer for it to happen again. I've searched...
  8. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update: I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it off again. Didn’t notice the warning sign saying “do not turn off the computer” until it was too late... I am reasonably...
  9. Turn off forced shut off after updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced shut off after updates?: How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates? 43087
  10. Upgrading Through WU with 2 Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Through WU with 2 Drives: Background Ok, I know when doing a clean install or 1st time installation to disconnect the 2nd internal drive. I have been testing Win10 on my laptop that only has one drive, but my desktop has an SSD OS drive and a 2TB spinner for the Libraries , File History and...