Windows 10: turn off gestures

Discus and support turn off gestures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; System Model HP Laptop 17-by1xxx OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 ELAN Touchpad Is there any way to totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulLaFollette, Dec 26, 2020.

1. turn off gestures

System Model HP Laptop 17-by1xxx
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

ELAN Touchpad
    Is there any way to totally turn off all gestures on this device?
    Also turn off tapping interpreted as clicking?
    I HATE when my window enlarges or jumps to the left or right when I don't expect it to.

I have gone to mouse advanced but find nothing there that controls this stuff.

Thank you.

:)

PaulLaFollette, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Dissapearing Gestures

Hi,

Get around Windows faster with touchscreen or touchpad gestures.

If your touchpad gesture is not working, we can run the hardware troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• On the search box, type in
      Troubleshooting and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Swipe gestures

Hi Patrick,

Touchpad gestures in laptops are available as long as your computer has a precision touch pad. Many computer manufacturers add multi-gestures to the touchpad of their computers so that users can have more options. Since you're using Windows 10 on a Mac computer,
    kindly make sure your device has a precision touchpad. If you're using Windows 10 on your Mac computer, you can easily check if it has a precision touchpad by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, choose Mouse & touchpad.
    • Check if you can see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad. If so, you will see different gesture options.

If you cannot see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad, you can still check if your computer has multi-gesture options. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Settings), and then click Run.
    • In the Run textbox, type main.cpl.
    • If you can see an extra tab beside the Hardware tab, your computer has multi-gesture options. You can access that tab to see if you'll be able to remove the swipe gestures.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Dec 26, 2020
  4. turn off gestures

Swipe gestures

When I go to devices, all it shows it mouse. No touchpad. And when I try the 2nd option, there is nothing next to the hardware tab except for SetPoint(a Logitech thing)

Patrick O'Connor1622, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

turn off gestures

1. turn off gestures - Similar Threads - turn off gestures

2. Windows Hello Turn off PIN and keep biometric gesture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Turn off PIN and keep biometric gesture: For Windows Hello for business Is it possible to turn off PIN and keep biometric gesture such as Facial recognition to login?Since I see the setting must replied on PIN.And I think PIN is not a good in security posture, I would like to do fully passwordless....
  3. Windows Hello Turn off PIN and keep biometric gesture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Turn off PIN and keep biometric gesture: For Windows Hello for business Is it possible to turn off PIN and keep biometric gesture such as Facial recognition to login?Since I see the setting must replied on PIN.And I think PIN is not a good in security posture, I would like to do fully passwordless....
  4. gesture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gesture: good day everyone. i updated my laptop lately, then suddenly i cannot use my finger gesture anymore. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gesture/92e6a71f-c5af-42ca-b296-b2a28e5d36af
  5. turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    turn off: Is it okay to turn off laptop sometimes by power button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off/6a1afe96-60c8-4bc1-90ab-fdce5e55ddcf
  6. turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off: how do I go back to my regular picture and turn off paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off/ae72a602-5fc5-48ce-8150-ba8c396566dc
  7. touchpad settings (gestures=off and tap_to_press=off) do not persist

in Windows 10 Customization
    touchpad settings (gestures=off and tap_to_press=off) do not persist: I find myself switching off these settings repeatedly again and again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-settings-gesturesoff-and-taptopressoff-do/5ab667db-e8d3-4874-b5ae-164a7d13514d
  8. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour? Regards....
  9. How to turn off Back/Forward actions on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward actions on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward action. How to disable the Back/Forward actions at all and leave only scroll behaviour?...
  10. Turn on trackpad gestures

Turn on trackpad gestures: Hi! I need help turning on the trackpad gestures for my HP computer after resetting it. Can you please help? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turn-on-trackpad-gestures/f7e9bc52-5e8c-49a2-ba23-016d55a32f16