Windows 10: Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD

Discus and support Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What should be my power/sleep settings to preserve life of my SSD, I have already turned off hibernate using elevated cmd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SarthakM, Jan 16, 2021.

1. SarthakM Win User

Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD

What should be my power/sleep settings to preserve life of my SSD, I have already turned off hibernate using elevated cmd.

:)

SarthakM, Jan 16, 2021
  2. crownele Win User

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, Jan 16, 2021
  3. ssd and hard drive

I bought my HP All in one at the MS Store. It has a SSD and hard drive. One is listed as C and one a D, set up by them. When I try to download a lot of pictures I get the message that my drive is full but my 1 TB hard drive is not full. How should it be
    configured so that doesn't happen?

NancyPaget, Jan 16, 2021
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD - Similar Threads - Turn off Hard

2. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  3. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  4. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD hard drive: I purchased a new laptop HP and I noticed that the SSD is one so I am wondering how to divide the 256 GBs into two or three partitions OF 50 GBs or 100 GBs with my thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-hard-drive/060a0f8b-4f4a-45ad-8d00-78a5e869a90a
  6. Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement: Before physically removing the hard drive from my laptop, I cloned it to a new SSD drive using Macrium Reflect and installed the SSD drive in the laptop. When I check my drives using Disk Management or AOMEI Partition Assistant, Disk 0 using Disk Management or Disk 1 using...
  7. Internal hard drive turning constantly on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal hard drive turning constantly on and off: Hello After a while when i have started my computer the hard drive starts to go on and off making clicking and decelerating noises. This behavior started after I upgraded ti Win 10 so it may have something to do with that. Anyone who has a clue what this can be?...
  8. "Turn off hard disk after..." setting in relation to sleep timer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Turn off hard disk after..." setting in relation to sleep timer: How do these values work with eachother? I have my pc go to sleep after 1 hour and my drive to turn off after 2 hours. Should one be higher than the other or the same? submitted by /u/Kelisua [link] [comments]...
  9. Turn Off Hard Disk After not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn Off Hard Disk After not working.: I have a portable USB hdd that is not powering down at idle, a few days ago it was working so not sure what's happened. For testing purposes I have set the Turn Off Hard Disk After to 1 minute. I have tried different USB ports as well. 85377
  10. Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power: My desktop has 1 SSD and 4 HDDs, running Windows off the SSD I want to turn the hard drives off when I'm not using them in order to reduce noise from the PC and power consumption (it does matter to me because I often run my PC off a UPS). What are my best options for doing...