Windows 10: turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery

Discus and support turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This seems to be causing an issue and having machines instantly turn off. Have seen it on 2 different laptops and even changed it reverts back to 0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/odiegh, Dec 19, 2019.

1. /u/odiegh Win User

turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery

This seems to be causing an issue and having machines instantly turn off. Have seen it on 2 different laptops and even changed it reverts back to 0 instead of never?

Anyone seen this?

submitted by /u/odiegh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/odiegh, Dec 19, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Help with my Hard drives

If I were to properly configure them into RAID 0 as you mentionned, using the intel controller rather than the Jmicron, how would I do that?

I mean, will I lose the files that are presently on the HDDs by reconfiguring them to RAID 0 instead of superspeed?

Plus, I'm new to all this HDD config stuff, mind giving me a little step by step?

jonathan1107, Dec 19, 2019
  4. turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery

Hard drive turns on and off constantly

Hi John,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. How did you know and what symptoms indicated that the hard drive was turned off?

2. What indicates that the hard drive turns on?

To begin with, I would like to inform that when the CPU and hard drive usage is 0% it does not mean that the hard drive is turned off. It just indicates that the PC is idle or is not exerting any work.

As for the whirling noise, the above might be caused by the fan attached to the CPU. I suggest that you open the tower and clean out any dust that may be accumulated inside and check.

hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery

1. turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery - Similar Threads - turn off hard

2. Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive: I recently bought a Mecer Desktop-Q10M13 in March and everything was fine till July, where I found out that my laptop couldn't fully boot without a charger, I wanted to try and fix it myself but don't know where to start, could someone assist me...
  3. Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive: I recently bought a Mecer Desktop-Q10M13 in March and everything was fine till July, where I found out that my laptop couldn't fully boot without a charger, I wanted to try and fix it myself but don't know where to start, could someone assist me...
  4. Malfunctioning battery/ hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn off Microsoft Account hard drive sensing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off Microsoft Account hard drive sensing: How do I turn off my computer reporting hard drive usage/storage capacity to my Microsoft Account? When I log into my Microsoft Account via web browser and select my device and click on "Security & protection" I see that the Microsoft Account knows how much free space is on...
  6. Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD

Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD: What should be my power/sleep settings to preserve life of my SSD, I have already turned off hibernate using elevated cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-hard-drive-after-setting-for-ssd/c111d20a-1c3d-4116-9c9e-249a2db3063e
  7. Internal hard drive turning constantly on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal hard drive turning constantly on and off: Hello After a while when i have started my computer the hard drive starts to go on and off making clicking and decelerating noises. This behavior started after I upgraded ti Win 10 so it may have something to do with that. Anyone who has a clue what this can be?...
  8. Battery 0%

Battery 0%: Hi! My name is Naren and I live in India. Whenever I check for my battery it keeps showing 0%. I got this problem on March and I looked for solutions but none of them really worked. I am not sure if my battery's life died or its the problem with the update. My friend got this...
  9. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.: hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything...
  10. Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power

Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power: My desktop has 1 SSD and 4 HDDs, running Windows off the SSD I want to turn the hard drives off when I'm not using them in order to reduce noise from the PC and power consumption (it does matter to me because I often run my PC off a UPS). What are my best options for doing...