Windows 10: Turn off image resizing

Discus and support Turn off image resizing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Several times I've needed to e-mail an image file on my computer. In previous versions of Windows, I could just right-click on the file and hit "Send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlickRCBD, Dec 13, 2020.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Turn off image resizing

Several times I've needed to e-mail an image file on my computer.

In previous versions of Windows, I could just right-click on the file and hit "Send to->Mail Recipient" and a new e-mail in Thunderbird would open up with the file attached.

Now however I get a dialog box asking me to resize the image. I don't want that, I don't ever want that. I'm not sure if choosing "Original" will send the file unaltered or if it will alter the file's metadata.

I just want Windows to pass the file to Thunderbird as is like it was any other binary file as opposed to a text file where it might want to alter the line endings.

Is there a way to turn this feature off? I know these days everybody is obsessed with shrinking and compressing images despite the loss in quality, even though it often distorts embedded text on the images, but I'm not one of them. Usually by the time I'm right-clicking I've already resized it to what is needed using IRFanview if necessary.

:)

SlickRCBD, Dec 13, 2020

2. Resizing photos for export using windows 10

Hi Helen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Which app/program are you using to browse/view photos?
    • Are you referring to Windows Photos app to edit/resize image?

If you are using Windows Photos app to edit image, I would like to inform you that as of now there are no image resizing option available in Photos app. I suggest you to use other app/program to resize the image (e.g. Paint).

To resize image in Paint, kindly refer the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Note: The above link contains step for Windows 7, but they also applies to Windows 10.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 13, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Image Resizing

Hi Ritika, there is a small free app available on the Microsoft Store called Resize image. It is a quick and easy way to resize your images.

With that app, all you have to do is right click an image file and choose Resize Image . . .

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/resize-...

DaveM121, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Turn off image resizing

Windows 10 Profile Pic

Hi,

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and try to resize the picture:

• Right click the image you want to resize
    • Select Edit (Image will open in Paint)
    • Select Resize option on the top and manually select the size as per your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Jenith_James, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Turn off image resizing

1. Turn off image resizing - Similar Threads - Turn off image

2. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  3. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  4. Resize Image to square with padding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize Image to square with padding: I'm a Photoshop user and can easily maintain the aspect ratio of an image when making a vertical rectangular image into a square. The image is padded with white space on the right and left sides. I do this by defining the canvas. Aspect ratio is maintained but image is now...
  5. Resize Image to square with padding

Resize Image to square with padding: I'm a Photoshop user and can easily maintain the aspect ratio of an image when making a vertical rectangular image into a square. The image is padded with white space on the right and left sides. I do this by defining the canvas. Aspect ratio is maintained but image is now...
  6. Image resizer site

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image resizer site: Anyone had any experience with https://resizeimage.net/ ? Is it safe? submitted by /u/fuck4everything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi0cfe/image_resizer_site/
  7. Image resizer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image resizer Windows 10: Hi, I am going round in circles and am very confused … I am doing a course in building a website. When I bring the pictures in, they are too large for the frames and I cannot seem to get them smaller. I have tried resizing and can get the file size down, but cannot get the...
  8. image file resizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    image file resizing: How do I resize a photo file so I can attach to an email? Current image file is 3+ megs and I need to send several photos attached to one email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-file-resizing/93edc512-1ffa-4937-a858-2ea60a15b3ab"
  9. Website image resizer app

Website image resizer app: When i want to save an image websites by clicking ' save as ' and open it using my image program some appears massive and i have to resize to a comfortable size to fit my 19inch monitor...is there a way to save image as normal without using mouse clicks everytime...is a an...
  10. turn off pad horizontal and vertical resizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off pad horizontal and vertical resizing: Thanks for this info - but I'm looking to turn off the function of the pad that enables horizontal and vertical resizing (it's driving me crazy!) Do I just delete the files? I should clarify - I mean the mousepad. When I swipe over it, it's increasing and decreasing what...