Windows 10: Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

Discus and support Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, I was just watching a video when all of the sudden, I got a pop up window from Windows Security, saying "Just Making Sure it's You" and required... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leon13DM, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Leon13DM Win User

Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

Okay, I was just watching a video when all of the sudden, I got a pop up window from Windows Security, saying "Just Making Sure it's You" and required me to enter my PIN.

This has so far been the only time it's happened to me, but I'm already enraged. I ran a search on the internet for ways to turn it off. There are things like downloadable software and such, but it's ridiculous. We shouldn't have to download software to just turn off something in Windows Security.

Instead, Windows Security should have the option to turn it off already, BUT IT DOESN'T! I know I'm sounding unreasonable, but this should have been an option, and the fact they didn't put it in is just stupid! Did they not think this would annoy some people? It shows how incompetent they are.

Don't try to defend it, it's stupid, the whole thing is stupid and I demand a fix from the actual programmers of Microsoft and Windows Security to develop an update that will allow us to turn off this stupid thing permanently.

I apologize for the rant, but I want a solution for this, not download some unreliable crappy 3rd party software just to change one thing the Windows people should have implemented.

:)

Leon13DM, Sep 6, 2019

2. How to turn the "My Stuff" dialog box

Hi Jerry,

Sorry to know that the Cortana is not working in Windows 10.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

• Do you get any error message on Cortana?

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Make sure that Cortana is enabled:

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more is turned ON.

Turn on Location

• Click on Start and select Settings, navigate to Privacy > Location.

• On the right-side, under Location, you will see On if the location is enabled for this device.

• And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider to on position.
    Install all Windows Updates

Most of the issues are fixed by installing Windows Updates make sure that your system is up-to-date.

Type Windows Updates in search bar and select Check for updates from the results.

If updates are available, try installing them and check.

Hope this information is helpful.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Connect a device that you want to import from and make sure it is turned on

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the details.

• What is the make and model of your camera?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?
    Before we proceed, we request you to check the following suggestion and revert to us.

• Use another USB driver and check if it helps or not.

• Insert the Micro SD directly into the computer and check.

• Insert the Micro SD card using the card reader and check.

• I also suggest you to use another USB cable and try connecting your camera and computer and check.

Reply us with this information to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

1. Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You" - Similar Threads - Turn off Making

2. making sure its you popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    making sure its you popup: Authenticity and safety of making sure its you popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-sure-its-you-popup/45256e90-7098-481d-89e8-543cb7919b1f
  3. making sure its you popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    making sure its you popup: Authenticity and safety of making sure its you popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-sure-its-you-popup/45256e90-7098-481d-89e8-543cb7919b1f
  4. making sure its you popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  6. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  7. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure: I remember downloading a fishy "Windows Update" file some time in the middle of the night. After a popup for a AdBlock Plus donation, or subscrition I don't remember and one for Nord VPN, plus weird computer performance issues on my applications I ran McAfee's Full Scan. I...
  9. These the right updates (just making sure)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These the right updates (just making sure)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlippingBLEEP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep9ksa/these_the_right_updates_just_making_sure/
  10. Making sure you are ready to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making sure you are ready to Install: In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes. [img] So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's taking very long? Would be nice to know why it is just taking forever. 81184

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop outlook 2019 pin popup making sure its you

2. how to turn off making sure its you

3. making sure its you

4. windows security making sure its you