Windows 10: turn off linux hdd under windows

Discus and support turn off linux hdd under windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Can I turn off the only linux hdd's at (win 10) boot time? Thanks 172842 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by iscsi, Jan 22, 2021.

1. iscsi Win User

turn off linux hdd under windows

Hi,

Can I turn off the only linux hdd's at (win 10) boot time?

Thanks

:)

iscsi, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. turn off linux hdd under windows - Similar Threads - turn off linux

2. Turn off Linux Subsystem Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Linux Subsystem Updates: I have unistalled linux subsystem and wsl preview from my pc and turned off Virtual platform and Linux subsystem from App featues in Settings. But I am still receiving updates for Linux subsystem. how to turn it off?...
  3. Turn off Linux Subsystem Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Linux Subsystem Updates: I have unistalled linux subsystem and wsl preview from my pc and turned off Virtual platform and Linux subsystem from App featues in Settings. But I am still receiving updates for Linux subsystem. how to turn it off?...
  4. Turning off Windows 10 Update under services.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off Windows 10 Update under services.: Why is Windows 10 now blocking me from accessing the options to turn Update on or off in Services. I can't choose any of the options. This is AFTER I disabled it on multiple occasions only to have it turn back on. It stayed off for over a week this last time but it started...
  5. Drop shadows under windows keeps getting turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    Drop shadows under windows keeps getting turned off: I'm not sure what triggers it (possibly a restart?), but every once and a while I notice that the drop shadows under explorer windows go away. I then go to Advanced system settings > Performance settings > turn on Show shadows under windows. This turns the shadows back on...
  6. switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off: OK, with installing the new OS old issues come back to life. Here goes the question: can one have a physical switch somewhere on the PC case that can turn a single drive (HDD or SSD) on and off? I did search the internet before posting and several solutions exist, but...
  7. Win keeps turnning HDD on/off

Win keeps turnning HDD on/off: When i set this for my secondary HDD change advanced power settings Turn off hard disk after 4 mins Windows randomly keeps turning the disk back on and off again.Which cant be good for the disk. I want it to stay off until i need to use it.Is that possible? Or...
  8. Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off

Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off: Hi, Despite "turn hard disk after" set to 10 minutes (or less for testing) in Power Options, HDDs won't turn off at all. They used to until yesterday. I have made no changes to the system only updated NVidia driver, but I can't tell if the issue started after update or...
  9. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...
  10. HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off: Hi there. An old problem seems to have re-occurred with W10 -- I had a post ages ago - can't find it - about this problem --if I haven't used the computer for a while and then I want to browse files on a standard HDD there is a delay while the HDD powers on (or seems to)...