Windows 10: Turn off main monitors while screencasting

Discus and support Turn off main monitors while screencasting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrontPorchFilms, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this:

I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies.

Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I downloaded for this, but it turned ALL the displays off, including the wireless one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
    Richard

ps I am running Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.1139)

:)

FrontPorchFilms, Nov 6, 2020

2. belkin Screencast adapter

how do I update the intel WiDi for a Belkin Screencast adapter to a W-10 system?

FrederickMacMillan, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

How to enable screencasting

Thats not a built in feature of the operating system.

Do a web search for suitable solutions:

Google

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Turn off main monitors while screencasting

1. Turn off main monitors while screencasting - Similar Threads - Turn off main

2. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Turn off main monitors while screencasting: Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies. Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I...
  3. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  4. Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?: I have a dual monitor setup, specs are in signature, occasionally I turn the monitors off leaving the PC running. If I leave them for 30 mins or so and come back the first monitor with a HDMI connection (main screen) is green, the screen is still working in windows but...
  5. Monitors turned off suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turned off suddenly: I use a laptop with two connected monitors. This system worked without any problems for a few years. Currently I am facing a random issue. All of a sudden my two monitors went dark and I saw all the apps and files on the laptop screen. I restart the system and the move all...
  6. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  7. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...
  8. Monitor does not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor does not turn off: Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? 17496
  9. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252