Windows 10: Turn off main monitors while screencasting

Discus and support Turn off main monitors while screencasting in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FrontPorchFilms, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this:

I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies.

Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I downloaded for this, but it turned ALL the displays off, including the wireless one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
    Richard

ps I am running Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.1139)

:)

FrontPorchFilms, Nov 7, 2020

2. belkin Screencast adapter

how do I update the intel WiDi for a Belkin Screencast adapter to a W-10 system?

FrederickMacMillan, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Turn off main monitors while screencasting

Are the 2 monitors within arm's reach? Simply turning off their power shouldn't affect projecting/casting with desktops. Most touchscreen monitors require a USB connection to get the signal into the OS so the power to the monitor/s would have to remain on.

Notebooks are different, can toggle between the LCD panel, the projector or both at the same time.

Berton, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Turn off main monitors while screencasting - Similar Threads - Turn off main

2. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  3. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  4. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  5. Turning second monitor in to main

Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  6. Monitors turning off while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turning off while playing game: Hello!So i have this problem, when i play PC Building Simulator my monitor just turns off after 6 min, but i can hear the sound and the fans and all other stuff is working, just monitors turning off. I have checked the temperature - GPU: 70 degrees, mby a bit more, CPU: 50...
  7. Monitors turning off while playing game

Monitors turning off while playing game: Hello!So i have this problem, when i play PC Building Simulator my monitor just turns off after 6 min, but i can hear the sound and the fans and all other stuff is working, just monitors turning off. I have checked the temperature - GPU: 70 degrees, mby a bit more, CPU: 50...
  8. Secondary monitor turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary monitor turning off while gaming: Hello. I got a second monitor today,a cheap one just so i can manage spotify,OBS and watch Twitch chat while streaming. The problem is the secondary monitor keeps turning off when i'm In-game... I tried everything making the secondary one my main one still turns off when i...
  9. How do I turn screencasts off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn screencasts off: [ATTACH] My wisdom about windows and services like this is really low, I need to turn that off to be able to make screenshots on Netflix. Or maybe is there something else I can do? I already tried to turn xbox bar off but it didn't changed anything....
  10. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off main monitors while screencasting: Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies. Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I...