Windows 10: turn off microphone

Discus and support turn off microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My microphone is to sensitive. I'm getting feedback How do I stop this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hrburkley, Sep 18, 2018.

1. hrburkley Win User

turn off microphone

My microphone is to sensitive. I'm getting feedback How do I stop this

:)

hrburkley, Sep 18, 2018
  2. LeonLaude Win User

Microphone & Speaking

Hi tlcadieux2,

There are a number of reasons why you are having challenges in using the Microphone while talking to Cortana.

Below are the different methods on how to get this resolved.

Method 1: Turn on the Microphone in Settings.

This is the most common reason why the Microphone is not working. You can turn on the Microphone by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Privacy.
    • Click Microphone.
    • Under Let apps use my microphone, slide the toggle button to turn it on.

Method 2: Set up Microphone from the Control Panel.

Modifying the Sound Settings may help in resolving your concern. Follow the steps below:

• Type Sound in Cortana Search.
    • Choose the first search result.
    • Click the Recording tab.
    • If you can’t find the Microphone from the list, right-click on the list then select Show Disabled Devices, otherwise proceed to step 5.
    • Right-click the Microphone.
    • Select Enable.
    • Click Properties.
    • Choose the Levels tab.
    • Set the Microphone volume to a higher value.
    • Choose the Enhancements tab.
    • Tick the box beside the Disable all sound effects option.
    • Hit OK.

Method 3: Update the Microphone driver.

Here’s an article that would walk you through the steps on how to update drivers
    in Windows 10. It also includes steps in case you would have to uninstall and reinstall the Microphone driver.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

turn off microphone

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

turn off microphone

1. turn off microphone - Similar Threads - turn off microphone

2. My microphone randomly turning off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone randomly turning off.: When I'm working with my computer on windows 10 there are moments when my microphone turning off randomly in levers tap in microphone properties. Also, when my mic turns off all sound disappear for a second....
  3. My microphone randomly turning off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone randomly turning off.: When I'm working with my computer on windows 10 there are moments when my microphone turning off randomly in levers tap in microphone properties. Also, when my mic turns off all sound disappear for a second....
  4. My microphone randomly turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...: So, I've had this problem for a while now and it's just now pissing me off, I checked my graphics, card, my CPU, my motherboard temps and none of them are high when I play my game. I play the new MW2 2022 game and it runs just fine no issues, but when I open up CITIES:...
  6. Microphone turning on and off rapidly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone turning on and off rapidly: My Mic that I bought not too long ago just entirely glitches the sound systemI get high cpu usage from Windows Audio service and the microphone activates and deactivates rapidlyIt's a Maono au-pm421...
  7. Can't turn off microphone test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't turn off microphone test: Ran microphone test for HP laptop. Microphone works ok. But, nowcan't turn test off; even keystrokes echo through speakers. Ran diagnostics; no problem found. Searched for solution on INet; found "reboot."Restarted. No help....
  8. how to turn on off the microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn on off the microphone: How do I turn the microphone on and off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-off-the-microphone/cbe32352-4694-432e-af55-96a8d77c75b6
  9. Microphone turns on and off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone turns on and off randomly: Hi, Ever since I changed Windows versions (a while ago), my sound turns on and off randomly. When it does it is rapidly turning on and off -so much so, that I can't use my mouse for 30seconds to a minute at a time. And, the turn on/off moments are quite frequent. (I'm on...
  10. "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.: So I went to test my microphone to see if it was working. I went in the settings tab and clicked system. Then I clicked Sound. I clicked the microphone button to test it, and it works. But now it wont turn off. I tried clicking the button again, but it just wont stop testing...