Windows 10: Turn off monitor problem

Discus and support Turn off monitor problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sometimes I need my PC to keep working even though I'm not there, so I want to turn off my monitors, but if I do that and then when I turn them back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AsgerP, Jan 13, 2021.

1. AsgerP Win User

Turn off monitor problem

Hi
    Sometimes I need my PC to keep working even though I'm not there, so I want to turn off my monitors, but if I do that and then when I turn them back on again later, all the apps that were on second and third screen have moved to screen one.

Is there any way to make all apps stay where they are ?

Using Windows 10 pro 64 bit fully updated.
    2 x 32" screens 2560x1440 in 125% font + one drawing tablet 1920x1080 in 100% font.

Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    Asger

:)

AsgerP, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 13, 2021
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 13, 2021
  4. sttubs Win User

Turn off monitor problem

Odd monitor problem

Odd monitor problem *NEW INFO*

I have a monitor (listed in my specs) that sometimes does not turn on when the computer is started or brought out of sleep mode. If I unplug the power cord & plug it back in it works fine, no other problems with it at all. Any thoughts? Is it eminently going to fail, should I RMA?

sttubs, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Turn off monitor problem

1. Turn off monitor problem - Similar Threads - Turn off monitor

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  4. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  5. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  6. Turning a monitor off causes problems with software...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning a monitor off causes problems with software...: Hello, My computer runs two screens. It's set up with extended display. I have a 32" display which I use as my main monitor. The second is a XP-Pen digital display drawing tablet. I open Adobe Photoshop and set it up in the drawing tablet second screen. However if I turn...
  7. Turn off monitor problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Turn off monitor problem: Hi Sometimes I need my PC to keep working even though I'm not there, so I want to turn off my monitors, but if I do that and then when I turn them back on again later, all the apps that were on second and third screen have moved to screen one. Is there any way to make all...
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  9. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252