Windows 10: Turn off my F1 to F12 keys

Discus and support Turn off my F1 to F12 keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So when I play games I sometime need to use my F2 keys. IF it did not lower my volume!!This is a problem! I cant live like this! WINDOWS Should have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul T Vu, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Paul T Vu Win User

Turn off my F1 to F12 keys

So when I play games I sometime need to use my F2 keys. IF it did not lower my volume!!This is a problem! I cant live like this! WINDOWS Should have a option TO disable this already!!I need to disable these,any way how?

:)

Paul T Vu, Jun 19, 2020

2. f1~f12 keys don't work on windows 10

f1~f12 keys don't work on windows 10, i have a logitech g213 keyboard and it does not have the fn key. i recently just reseted my pc and now my f1~f12 keys dont work please help

f1~f12 keys no work help, Jun 19, 2020
  3. F1-F12 keys

Hi, I recently had to reset my Toshiba Satellite and now when I use any of the F1-F12 keys if I want to adjust the volume or play/pause ect, I have to hold down the FN key, when before I only had to do this when I was going to use the F keys and the voume
    and all those keys wored without the FN key, any idea why they switched around?

futuredr4gon, Jun 19, 2020
  4. T. Bishop Win User

Using F1 - F12 Keys on Universal Folding Keyboard

OS: Windows 10 (all updates and patches run as of 5:00PM EDT 9/3/2015)

Device: Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard

I almost didn't buy the MUFK because it lacked F1 - F12 markings on any of the keys, and I could find no documentation regarding the functionality of the Fn key.

Based on trial and error, I am please to report MUFK
    DOES support F1 - F12 in Windows mode.

A couple of pointers. First, when pairing MUFK to a Windows device, make sure the Windows OS is selected (follow the diagram inside the box lid). It can be paired to a Windows device using one of the other OS settings, but you won't get F key functionality.

Second, the F keys map to the numeral keys, with three exceptions. 1 is F1 with Fn key pressed; same is true through F9. 0 is F10. - (hyphen) is F11, and = is F12.

I'm going to add a suggestion to the Feedback area that this be explained in some official Microsoft documentation or support page.

T. Bishop, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Turn off my F1 to F12 keys - Similar Threads - Turn off F12

2. F1 to F12 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    F1 to F12 keys are not working: I have a dell letitude E7450 laptop. I have a minor issue with the laptop that my any F key is not working properly. all keys are properly working no any hardware issue but the issue is that when I press any F4 key my mic turns off but when I press Alt+F4 power menu does not...
  3. Let the funtion keys work as function keys F1~F12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Let the funtion keys work as function keys F1~F12: Hello guys.I am not sure for asking here becasue it is question for using Keyboard. But I believe that this is the best section.- Accessory : Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050- Problem : F-Lock key is released automatically several times in day, without an exact cycle.-...
  4. laptop f1 - f12 keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop f1 - f12 keys not working: my function keys on my laptop are not working properly. my f5 is for keyboard lighting, but works as refreshing a webpage or windows screen. I've tried updating drivers, restarting multiple times, nothing seems to work. can anyone suggest a solution to this problem please....
  5. My f1-f12 keys don't work in apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My f1-f12 keys don't work in apps: When i go to an app and use one of the f-keys for a shortcut in that app it just does its normal function, for example i click f3 when there's a shortcut in the app dedicated to f3 and it just changes the brightness. It's not that big of a deal, but it's really annoying...
  6. F1 key to F12 key is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F1 key to F12 key is not working: Good evening! May I know why is my F1 key to F12 key is not working? Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-key-to-f12-key-is-not-working/e5e086aa-c535-4f10-8cd6-d5fcb21afe50
  7. f1-f12 hotkeys

f1-f12 hotkeys: I have an HP Pavilion laptop with a Windows 10 operating system. I've been trying to disable the f1 through f12 hotkeys so I can use them to play Minecraft, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I've tried searching for gpedit in my search bar but nothing...
  8. F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.

F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.: Dell Inspirion LT, WIN 10 Home 64bit Ver 1909. Anyone had this issue? HELP please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-f12-funtion-keys-are-not-working/544ce7be-fcdd-4a59-b24f-f8da6e06ca2b
  9. Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...

Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...: Please Help I have tried everything including gpedit.msc but i just want to use F1-F12 keys for gaming, but its only works when i press fn key I cannot maintain playing video game and press fn key everytime....
  10. Fn key and F1-F12 keys

Fn key and F1-F12 keys: 1. Previous versions of Win 10 and Office 365 allowed me to make keyboard shortcuts eg F2 = â, F2+Shift = ä, F2+Ctrl = é ... and F3 = ê, F2=Shift = ë etc. Currently the F1 - F12 keys are useless except for the functions showed by symbols (Sleep, Airplane mode on/off, etc)...