Windows 10: Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input

Discus and support Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys im trying to play games by streaming them to another device(Steam link) and i would like to tun off my monitor while im doing so, but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Version2064, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input

Hey guys im trying to play games by streaming them to another device(Steam link) and i would like to tun off my monitor while im doing so, but no matter what i try(Programs, Power options,Closing the lid) my monitor will always turn back on when i make an input, is there any way to make it turn off and not turn back on even if there's an input?

submitted by /u/Version2064
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Version2064, Dec 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Monitor turns on by itself

Thanks. Suggest you do a clean boot and see what happens, then if the monitor still turns on, you have potentially far less logged by Proc Mon.

dalchina, Dec 23, 2019
  3. External monitor "no input"; worked with old laptop and intermittently with new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We need few information.

• What is the make and model number of the External monitor?
    • What is the connection type, HDMI cable/VGA cable?

We would suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

Method 1:

1. Make sure the computer has power. If the computer has turned off, it will not be transmitting a signal and cause the "no input signal" message.
    2. Verify that the monitor is properly connected in the back of the
      monitor, as well as to the back of the computer.
    3. Some newer monitors are capable of connecting to a computer using a VGA or DVI connector. For these types of monitors, the correct input selection needs to be used.
    4. Access the settings on the monitor using the buttons on the front or bottom edge of the monitor.
    5. Look for options to select the type of connector being used, either VGA or DVI, and select the correct input being used for your monitor to connect to your computer.

Method 2:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard. Select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Monitor.
    3. Check the status of the driver and if required try to update it.
    4. Right click on the device listed and select
      Update drivers.
      You will get a new window, please select "Search Automatically Updated Drivers Software".
    5. In Device manager, expand Display.
    6. Right click on the device listed and select
      Uninstall device
    7. You will receive a prompt, make sure you check the box for
      Delete the driver software. Then perform method 3.

Method 3: Download and Install the recent video driver.

Seems that there is an updated video driver setup available in Dell
    website.
    Please select the category as Video.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input

Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor only. In Windows 7, everything works fine. After the Windows boot logo disappears, laptop screen turns off and external monitor turns on. In Windows 10, however, there is an issue. After boot logo disappears, external monitor turns on, and laptop screen turns off - but not completely. There is no content anymore but the back light is still on. If I switch the display mode to Duplicate or Extend (just to turn on the laptop screen) and switch back to Second Monitor Only, the laptop screen can turn off completely.

Has anyone seen a problem like this? Both monitors are shown as Generic PnP Monitors in Device Manager. I don't know if this is a driver problem or something related to my laptop. The bottom line is in Windows 7 there is no such a problem.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

princerock, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input

1. Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input - Similar Threads - Turn off laptop

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. 2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off: So,I have my laptop with a 2nd monitor, is there a way to set my 2nd monitor to turn off or on when the laptop turns off or on,basically, when I start turning on my laptop, my other 2nd monitor stays off, is there a way to make it turn on when I start my laptop, same with the...
  4. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  5. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  6. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  7. Monitor Not Turning Off

Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on: If left idle, my laptop’s display will sometimes turn off after which I cannot turn it back on. It doesn’t seem to be sleeping based on the indicator light on the side, and the only thing I can do is force shut it down by holding the power button. If I manually close my...
  9. do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off

do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off: Got 3 hooked up and sometimes it detects monitors in different orders and it messes up my wallpapers, also i want to be able to just flip a switch on a multicontact bar and switch em all off, is there a way to make windows just stop reconfiguring everything based on the...
  10. Monitor detected even if turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor detected even if turned off: Hi, I have external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI-HDMI cable. I extend Windows 10 desktop to external monitor (making external monitor primary). Now if I turn off external monitor Windows 10 _used_ to detect this, after which it stopped display extension, and made...