Windows 10: Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather

Discus and support Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently my Win 11 Weather widget became overwhelmed with news. I did not select anything regarding News & Interests, so I assume it arrived with a WIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian-OK, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Brian-OK Win User

Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather

Recently my Win 11 Weather widget became overwhelmed with news. I did not select anything regarding News & Interests, so I assume it arrived with a WIN update. Can I remove this update and get back to just Weather?If not. is there a way to limit the Weather widget display box to one window, and populate it with Weather?

:)

Brian-OK, Jun 15, 2022
  2. NMI
    NMI Win User

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

Perhaps your location can't be detected, e.g. because you've disabled location detection at Settings, Privacy, Location?

Try specifying a particular location instead (Step 1, 2 and 5):

How to Change Weather Location for News and Interests in Windows 10

3. zooburner Win User
    Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

Hi there, thanks for your response, for some reason that does not appear as an option for me.

Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather [​IMG]

zooburner, Jun 16, 2022
  4. das10 Win User

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

Have you tried "Manage Interests" pen icon (in the "News & Interest" mini display) and then when it opens Edge, go to "Experience Settings" and then enable "Weather" there? I just did that and got the "Sun" icon and then the "News & Interest" showed the local weather. Normally I don't use the "News & Interest" feature.

das10, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather - Similar Threads - Turn off News

2. Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather: Recently my Win 11 Weather widget became overwhelmed with news. I did not select anything regarding News & Interests, so I assume it arrived with a WIN update. Can I remove this update and get back to just Weather?If not. is there a way to limit the Weather widget display box...
  3. News and Interests - Just weather, please!

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests - Just weather, please!: Hi! Hopefully it's a quick and easy question.I want to see only this:And never things like this:Can it be done? How is it done? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-just-weather-please/e21884c8-9033-4784-9c54-ec2daa20f3db
  4. News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?

News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?: I'm intrigued by the "News and Interests" widget that's appeared in Windows 10, but I'm looking for help controlling it. It seems I can toggle on/off many of the "cards" - weather, sports, traffic - but not the "news feed". That's the only one I *DONT* want - I'm not...
  5. News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and interests "Weather" app megathread.: Love it or hate it the News and Interests app is here and you have to deal with it. And as annoying as the app may be for some of you it's not as annoying as 100 posts ranting about it and thus, this megathread was born. How do I disable it? Right click -> News and...
  6. Is it possible to turn off everything apart from the weather in the News and Interests tab?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to turn off everything apart from the weather in the News and Interests tab?: I got windows update that introduced this thing yesterday. Title is self explanatory. I like the weather, but nothing else. I tried pressing "Hide stories from xxx" on all the news but it honestly feels like they are limitless. I can't seem to find a setting that disables all...
  7. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  8. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  9. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  10. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...