Windows 10: Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login

Discus and support Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; <vent> Every time I use my drawing tablet, Windows decides I need the on-screen keyboard when logging in (even though the tablet is disconnected, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wchris63, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login

<vent>

Every time I use my drawing tablet, Windows decides I need the on-screen keyboard when logging in (even though the tablet is disconnected, and the computer has been fully shut down). I turn if off. It comes back the next time I use the tablet. One of the recent updates made it so I can't even stop the damn service any more. Can someone fine the moron that programmed this and slap them up side the head? For that matter, put the one who included MIDI in the HID one-app-only restriction in the chair next to them, and slap them both silly.

</vent>

But seriously.. the service can't be stopped, and it can't be Disabled or set to Manual in the Services app like I used to do. I know how to Disable it using 'sc config...", but if I do, I'm worried my tablet won't work any more. (You can use the command line to Disable it, then use the Services list to set it to Manual, but the fact that they're making me jump through hoops because they can't program properly has me a bit angry. I use my tablet for DRAWING (mostly CAD), not typing, and I don't want the freekin' screen keyboard taking up half my screen just because it feels like it. If anyone knows of a fix, please let me know.

submitted by /u/wchris63
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wchris63, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Th3Eye Win User

The On-Screen Keyboard Keeps Opening in Login Screen

Hello, the problem is as the title states: the On-Screen Keyboard always opens itself when I go to login.

Things I have done to stop this from happening:

• Turned off on-screen keyboard in settings
    • Turned off on-screen keyboard in Control Panels
    • Turned off osk.exe in Task Manager start-up
    • Set startup type of Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service to Disabled
    • DELETED osk.exe (I still have a back-up copy of it on an external HD)

None of that helped, the keyboard still pops up when I open the the login screen.

Th3Eye, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login

Keyboard not working on Login screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and login.

Please Find the screenshot of the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen:

Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login 9c227ccc-8ac4-490c-af6a-3cf42faccbec.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login

1. Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login - Similar Threads - Turn Off Screen

2. PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...: So, I've had this problem for a while now and it's just now pissing me off, I checked my graphics, card, my CPU, my motherboard temps and none of them are high when I play my game. I play the new MW2 2022 game and it runs just fine no issues, but when I open up CITIES:...
  3. Cant turn off windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off windows login screen: Did a fresh install of Win10 the other week, for some reason I am unable to disable the Windows 10 login screen. Before it was as simple as going into netplwiz and disabling it from there. I have tried going into regedit as well and following the methods via that way....
  4. Login Screen - On Screen Keyboard pops up - want to turn it off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Screen - On Screen Keyboard pops up - want to turn it off: A few weeks ago, I pressed some kind of combination of buttons and now on my login screen, I get the on screen keyboard. I have tried to disable it and indeed it is turned off, but it still keeps appearing whenever I go to login to my computer. It is really annoying because...
  5. Airplane mode on the login screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode on the login screen not turning off: Hi, I'm having an issue on my desktop that when the computer is on the login screen it cant connect to the internet and the only option that comes up is the airplane mode. Nothing happens when I click it and it doesnt turn off. I cant log into the computer without an...
  6. Keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard turns off: I have a problem. I have a USB Keyboard. I was playing and then my keyboard and mouse turned off. I restarted my pc and now only my mouse is working. After restarting my keyboard leds go on and turn off 2 seconds later. I switched usb ports and restarted my pc 100 times ,...
  7. Turn screen keyboard sound off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn screen keyboard sound off: Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles: Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen...
  8. turn off edge pop ups on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off edge pop ups on login screen: I have turned of Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows and i still get edge pop ups. Any ideas? 139604
  9. Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?: I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want that. So I want to shut the log-in screen off altogether if I can't use just a password. I don't know how to, though, because...
  10. Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10 There are several different kinds of keyboards for PCs. The most common type is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. While Windows 10 has...