Windows 10: Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image

Discus and support Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In a recent Windows Update, the functionality of desktop images changed. I have photos I use for a backgound image and they are now more Opaque (they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RegenCy_256, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image

In a recent Windows Update, the functionality of desktop images changed. I have photos I use for a backgound image and they are now more Opaque (they are not the original photograph, but lightened by 10% or more. I want to shut this functionality OFF. How to stop Windows from ruining my photography on my own laptop and not allow the image to be altered. Thanks

:)

RegenCy_256, Sep 4, 2019

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image

Additional Image Upload Functionality

I know. That's why I was suggesting more functionality. :/

Kreij, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image

1. Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image - Similar Threads - Turn off opacity

2. Touchpad turn off/on function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad turn off/on function not working: Hello guys,I've a MSI GP62M 7RDX LeopardMy device has this function that supports turning on and off of my touchpad.The combination is FN + F3 but recently it isn't working anymore. The other combinations are working fine. I've tested the F3 button and that works too but the...
  3. Desktop Wallpaper Changes To Unknown Images. Virus????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Wallpaper Changes To Unknown Images. Virus????: Hello and thanks for your assistance in advance. I have a Windows 10 machine with McAfee LiveSafe protecting the OS. Last month out of the blue my desktop wallpaper changed from the standard windows desktop to a picture of a baby yoda with a purple background. Didn't...
  4. How to turn off Bing Wallpaper?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to turn off Bing Wallpaper?: How do I shut off photos of landscapes appearing on the screen every time Windows starts??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bing-wallpaper/025de36a-faf9-479c-811d-8ec59177b9dc
  5. Turn off image resizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn off image resizing: Several times I've needed to e-mail an image file on my computer. In previous versions of Windows, I could just right-click on the file and hit "Send to->Mail Recipient" and a new e-mail in Thunderbird would open up with the file attached. Now however I get a dialog box...
  6. Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper: Hello everyone, I posted this question because of a problem I'm experiencing with the desktop slideshow wallpaper. I put 14 images into the folder chose for the background and 13 of them work. The third image, named "3.png" in the folder, does not show up on the desktop....
  7. Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working

Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working: As title says, no matter which option I pick, the desktop wallpaper looks always the same, I have a 4k wallpaper on a full HD screen that gets automatically shrieked down no matter which option I pick: center, align, stretch, etc. NO difference whatsoever. Using Windows 10...
  8. Lower opacity of desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lower opacity of desktop icons: I was wondering if there is any way to lower the pacity of the desktop icons so I can see my wallpaper better without the icons getting in the way so much. submitted by /u/Something160 [link] [comments]...
  9. Wallpaper images

Wallpaper images: I installed a group of images from Microsoft over the weekend. This download comprises pictures of beautiful places. The images cycle through. I don't like this feature and wish to remove them. Where do I find them?...
  10. Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Desktop Background Image in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slide...